Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Focus Titanium <3
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Modifications and Projects > Ford Project and Build Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Oliverb

Hi all,

I want to share with you all My Ford Focus Titanium and the process of it's modification Build ..

All Comments Welcome

Enjoy......

The day I knew she was the one .... 

IMG_20130526_201719_zpsdf619ce7.jpgIMG_20130526_201705_zps71cc87b9.jpgIMG_20130526_201623_zps9127b194.jpg

I had a Focus style 57plate before this, but not for long at all due to issues..
however my Old one came with the mini ST alloys so i got the ford dealers to swap the wheels over :)

IMG_20130526_202059_zps73bce5ef.jpgIMG_20130526_204403_zps57048711.jpg

Added ice white LED Lights to the interior light and foot well and Glove box a Red LED.

IMG_20130526_204331_zps4f79fcef.jpgIMG_20130526_204801_zps1f634621.jpg

IMG_20130526_210901_zps2e34af65.jpgIMG_20130526_211008_zps295109a7.jpgIMG_20130526_211036_zps4f50223c.jpg

I ordered some new number plates with Legal 3d font no border or GB logo

index-2_zps4138aa09.jpg

Purchased the Zetec S Lower Grille, it wasnt as easy to pop the standard titanium one out as i thought it would be I pretty much gave up and just snapped the chrome surround off..

IMG_20130526_213959_zps2834c6de.jpgIMG_20130526_214049_zpse9d8f5ba.jpgIMG_20130526_214123_zps62df53bc.jpgIMG_20130526_214143_zps373e867a.jpg

white LED registration lights and side light and Xenon headlight 

IMG_20130526_220207_zps99cb35a7.jpgIMG_20130526_220314_zpse423ffc8.jpgIMG_20130526_220354_zps575ac81b.jpgIMG_20130526_220239_zpsf70ddd13.jpg

Colour coded the washer jets

I purchased the Zetec S front skirt second hand on ebay, the skirt was cracked but with a bit of TLC was easily sorted and now looks brand new all primed ready to be painted ..... this will be done by a pro...

and this... not to sure what its called but i sprayed it..

De-badged the 1.6 ... i wanted to leave the Titanium on though

DRL fog surrounds are on the way in the post       ( now fitted )
I was going to have them carbon fibre hrydro dipped but i really wanted the DRL's...

b4zz

like what you have done so far

will be keeping a eye on this one

DanGersFord
Looks smart mate and thats the whole purpose of this section :) for people to post both finished and on going projects :)
DanGersFord
Will look good when you've fitted the ZS skirt :)
Oliverb

Will look good when you've fitted the ZS skirt :)

Yeah i cant wait to get that Painted and fitted. The DRL's will set the front off too... 
i Got a really good quote on the Front and rear skirt actually to get painted (£130) so i want to get it done sooner than later before they forgot.... 
Having an absolute mare finding 5dr side skirts though !!!!!

Preee
Some good work there Ollie , why have you not sprayed the Skirt yourself?
Oliverb

Some good work there Ollie , why have you not sprayed the Skirt yourself?

Thank you very much...a lot of work to
Go yet :-P
I want to get them done professionally because I feel I could easily muck them up..
I am not great at the spraying to be honest I can do the odd jobs.. But I wouldn't be able to do big areas.. And plus pros won't be in a dusty room while they do it.. If I was to do mine in the garage they would come out feeling like sand paper lol
My dad is good but still he also thinks to get it done pro.. Makes sure the jobs done properly!
I have found a decent price to get it all done..
mixmasterlooney

Looks great, i do envy your privacy glass :D

Highwaymanuk
Looking good and looks like a good list of mods, can I suggest getting fogs colour coded at same time as getting skirt sprayed. They will really make a difference being silver!
Oliverb

Looking good and looks like a good list of mods, can I suggest getting fogs colour coded at same time as getting skirt sprayed. They will really make a difference being silver!

Still on the look out for other little mods
With regards to the fog surrounds I am really debating that already when my DRL ones arrive
Gary Minty Jupe

have you thought about pedal covers nice little cheap mod and painting calipers/drums 

Oliverb

image (5).jpeg photo (5).JPGhave you thought about pedal covers nice little cheap mod and painting calipers/drums 

Yeah pedals are in my watch list on eBay.. I have done my callipers black but debating if I should do them red or blue
Gary Minty Jupe

this type of blue for the calipers looks good guy round the corner to me has

painted his drums/calipers on his sliver Puma looks really good 

Oliverb

this type of blue for the calipers looks good guy round the corner to me has

painted his drums/calipers on his sliver Puma looks really good 

Yeaaa spot on.. like electric blue , nice a bright !! :) 

Oliverb
I thought I would take advantage of the perfect weather conditions for cleaning cars this morning
Snow foamed, clay bar , and the polished !!
Here are some snaps..

I took the washer jets off to re paint them they wasn't up to my fussy standard!

And a parcel arrived, the package was crushed so I was slightly worried to see the products state, what could this be? ;-)

And After a long old wait for the delivery, and me getting very impatient that they would never show up...
My DRL's in great fine condition!

So after cleaning finished , I could not wait to put the DRLs in, how ever I have not wired them up yet!
The ford fog surrounds where very easy to get out...but the DRLs where not so easy to put in, but with a but of fiddling about and applying some pressure they eventually popped in. And I am very happy with the results, I will continue to complete the DRLs wiring them up later in the week / weekend :-)

b4zz

the car is looking very clean and like the drl

Oliverb
DRLs now all wired up and dimming when lights come on.. Pics to follow later once the sun has gone in..
b4zz

will be taking a look once the pics are up as I haven't seen these in the night or during the day yet

Oliverb

And finally with the wiring all sorted the DRLs are up and running, now dimming when the sides and headlights come on. 
Eventually realised the white wire need to wire up to the main beams and not the side lights
here are some picture.... 

these where taken in the blazing sun, just to show what they are like in the "daytime"

As the sun started to go down - with headlight on (DRL dimmed )and off 

And in dark

Sorry for getting carried away on the photos, but maybe fore those of you who are debating getting them these may help you make your mind up.. And plus I couldn't just choose a few to post :-P

b4zz

they are looking good.

not sure on the zetec s grill

Oliverb

they are looking good.
not sure on the zetec s grill

Are ya not? Why's that ?
I will be adding all the zetec S body kit in the near future! Front skirt next month :-)
Oliverb
Next on the mods list will be -

Getting the front ZS skirt sprayed and fitted (excited)

Purchasing eye brows - just to see how they look ( if I don't like and I feel it's over doing it I will get shot )
Gel overlays ( debating on white/silver background with blue ford font ) what do you guys think ?
wind deflectors (all four windows)
Gary Minty Jupe

Looking good fella , think i'll pop by and you can clay bar and polish mine lol 

b4zz

Are ya not? Why's that ?
I will be adding all the zetec S body kit in the near future! Front skirt next month :-)

don't know why I cant put my finger on it.

but as seen as your going the full zs kit then it will all tie in lovely.

will keep my eye on your procress

Focus-Jonny
Great mod bud, i bet your proud with the out come? ZS kit would look great ;) was the wiring/fitment hard to do in your opinion?
Oliverb

Oliverb

don't know why I cant put my finger on it.

but as seen as your going the full zs kit then it will all tie in lovely.

will keep my eye on your procress

Fair enough ... id say there are a few occasions were i am not keen on it and thats only from a distance when you cant make it if its a standard grille or the zetec s .. 
but yeah please do.. hopefully you will like it more once front skirt is on maybe .. :)

Oliverb

Great mod bud, i bet your proud with the out come? ZS kit would look great ;) was the wiring/fitment hard to do in your opinion?

oh yeah i think it looks great .. really makes a change to the car.. 

The wiring LOL 
The wiring is easy if you know where you are attaching them too.. i was going the every colour wire trying to find the side light one to attach it to... after a long time of trying nothing!
then i Realised that i needed to wire it to the main beams !! DUUURRRRRR....
But yeah fairly straight forward. baring in mind mine didn't come with instructions.. just got some help of a guide on here and a fellow member :)

Preee

Pictures are great Ollie , but please next time , don't put that car in the back ground :P

Oliverb
Pictures are great Ollie , but please next time , don't put that car in the back ground :P

LOL...
Gary Minty Jupe

hahaa, sorry that was a work car :P ...
dont worry once my car is complete-ish i have a nice spot for it to take some nice snaps :P 
sorry if i have offended you hahaa :P

think he ment the pic with the mrs lol  :P

Oliverb

think he ment the pic with the mrs lol  :P

Oh , oh yeah ! Well don't I feel like a tool !
Post edited :-P
DanGersFord
You should be able to delete yourbown comments yes :)
mixmasterlooney

Mate the car looks great but your wench escaped from the kitchen lol. How long did it take to wire up the DRL? did you install the switch? if yes, where dId you put it?

I got everything to install mine, DRL's and switches plus tools... however not sure on how hard or easy it is, i dislike unfinished projects real bad, annoys the hell out of me lol.

The ZS grille needs to front skirts/splitter to complete it imo, once you have the full body kit it will look sweet! However, think i am the odd one out on this but... i really don't like the mini ST/ST rims most people here love them... i dislike them on anything else but an ST. reason why i feel this way is that they seem too common or generic, every man and his ford has mini ST/ST imo it's over played and for that reason i find the standard ZS rims sexy because they stand out even though they are stock. 

Don't get me wrong though... the car looks nice i like it

Oliverb

Mate the car looks great but your wench escaped from the kitchen lol. How long did it take to wire up the DRL? did you install the switch? if yes, where dId you put it?

I got everything to install mine, DRL's and switches plus tools... however not sure on how hard or easy it is, i dislike unfinished projects real bad, annoys the hell out of me lol.

The ZS grille needs to front skirts/splitter to complete it imo, once you have the full body kit it will look sweet! However, think i am the odd one out on this but... i really don't like the mini ST/ST rims most people here love them... i dislike them on anything else but an ST. reason why i feel this way is that they seem too common or generic, every man and his ford has mini ST/ST imo it's over played and for that reason i find the standard ZS rims sexy because they stand out even though they are stock. 

Don't get me wrong though... the car looks nice i like it

Haha I know.. Need to buy a chain

The DRLs took me longer than what they should have because for the majority of the day I was trying to find the side light wire to attatch it to.. But I later found out mine needed wired to the main beam .. Once I knew that it was fairly quick job !
Nah I don't have a switch for mine mate.. But I think pree has on his guide .. Take a look

Yeah can't wait for the front skirt to go on, then that's the front practically done :-)

That's fair enough mate with regards to the mini ST's .. I only have these on the car as they where on my old focus in good condition, and I can't stand the ones that came on it with all them spokes..
I think I will eventually change to the standard ZS ones though once all the body is complete :-) I do know some people have the minis depending on what the roads are like where they live... And with all the pot holes around at the moment where I am it's probably best to keep them...
mixmasterlooney

Yeah same here, not a big fan of the titanium rims... too much spokes inded. 17 inch ZS rims rides hard lol... just letting you know ha

ukphillad

Hey Ollie, 

Love what you did to the car so far, but wanted to throw a suggestion your way and see what you think of it. As most people will probably notice, I am an unreal fan of lowering the suspension and making sure the car is sitting as low as possible. (visually gives fantastic results, for the performance and the driving pleasure, it varies on each person individually :D 

You have fitted the ST alloys into it, which makes it look extremely good, but if you would even dish out about 200 quid on a nice, reliable set of coil-overs and lower the car, i think you will be extremely pleased with the outcome :D 

Oliverb

Hey Ollie, 

Love what you did to the car so far, but wanted to throw a suggestion your way and see what you think of it. As most people will probably notice, I am an unreal fan of lowering the suspension and making sure the car is sitting as low as possible. (visually gives fantastic results, for the performance and the driving pleasure, it varies on each person individually :D

You have fitted the ST alloys into it, which makes it look extremely good, but if you would even dish out about 200 quid on a nice, reliable set of coil-overs and lower the car, i think you will be extremely pleased with the outcome :D

Thank you very much for you comment :) 
mine are only the mini st alloys though.. do you think that i should get the low profiles and bigger alloys if i was to lower it ?

thanks 

Oliverb

Just a little something i have purchased :P

personally i think this colour is best, keep it sweet and simple, should blend in well with the cars colours... 

you likey ??

and these ...

b4zz

liking the badges they will look sweet

Lenny

Thank you very much for you comment :) 
mine are only the mini st alloys though.. do you think that i should get the low profiles and bigger alloys if i was to lower it ?
thanks 

Your existing 16" wheels give the same overall circumpherance as 18" so lowering it on 16" is not a problem.
I've lowerd mine on eibachs 20mm front 35mm rear
It has actually stopped the nose dive on the front so now I can fit my foot under the splitter
The rear windows are level with the front now too so the stance is much better.
Cross winds are reduiced and handling is much improved,
After loweing if you did fit 18 or 19" then the rims would replace the visible tyre side wall for apperance but your 16's will be fine.
Oliverb
Update - I mentioned about possibly getting the front skirt painted and fitted this month , it's not going to happen :-( had to splash out on other things, so it will have to wait! I may just wait until I get the rear skirt and get them done together ... So In the mean time I will be buying cheaper mods for now :-)
more pics soon!
ukphillad

A bit off topic, but Lenny the picture underneath your last post - is that how your car is looking at the moment? :D :D

If so, holy jaysus... Me gusta :)

Oliverb
I like these !!!
Debating whether to add these on to the build list!!!???
alkyz89

hi dude, loving the mods so far and mods to come. You seem to have very similar ideas to myself, so here are some pics to see what your car will look like lolol

null_zps24c57630.jpg

null_zps3507b9b7.jpg

null_zpsb8b3022b.jpg

once youve got the zs kit fitted should look very similar!!

same colour gel overlays... mudflaps would be an absolute must!! and maybe the twin reverse/clear fog light mod would interest you??

Oliverb

hi dude, loving the mods so far and mods to come. You seem to have very similar ideas to myself, so here are some pics to see what your car will look like lolol

once youve got the zs kit fitted should look very similar!!
same colour gel overlays... mudflaps would be an absolute must!! and maybe the twin reverse/clear fog light mod would interest you??

Nice one !
Thanks for that :-)
Very nice looking car ... I can't wait to get mine looking like that !!
Oh yeah I will defo get the mud flaps 100% and the clear fog I was going to get as well but the eBay seller changed their price from £20 too £99 lol???? Maybe an error I don't know but they seem to have done it to most of their products

alkyz89

erm yea sod that.... far too much money!! you can prob get the part cheaper from ford dealers alot cheaper... i cant actually remember where i got mine?? i will have to have a look... i might have got it from teamtorquesteer.com but they are also very pricey!! PM me if your looking for any bits and bobs im sure i can help out!!

Oliverb
Thanks mate !!!
Oliverb

Well... 
Gel overlays have arrived!
New Pedals have arrived!
New wheel nuts have arrived and now painted!

Oliverb

So i got the opportunity to fit the gel overlays :) 
i think i they look pucker!! good choice of colour if i do say so myself !!
i have over heated the back one gone a bit bubbly so in the future i will get some more and try and get them perfect but for now they will doo :) 

also fitted my new pedals.... 
not the zetec s ones i couldnt justify spending £80 on something like that !!! But these are nice enough ..

Full Colour Version: My Focus Titanium <3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.