Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Warning Fault Remains With New Fuel Filter
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
alig301

Hi all,

I have just replaced the fuel filter on an 06 Focus 1.6 TDCi as I had a Engine warning Fault and associated static red led. I have since got the car running after a lot of effort but initially after I got it going, the light disappeared, but after about 5 mins the warning and light re-appeared.

Anyone got any further suggestions before I hand it to the expensive 'Technicians'

regards

AliG

jeebowhite

silly question, but we have to ask.. did you install the fuel filter the correct way around? and was the filter housing integral, or perhaps in need of replacing?

It sounds like if you did have it correct and the housing was fine, then it could be a case of fuel pump might be the next place to look...

johnH

Can you post any codes that you have on the dash or scanner?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615