Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2001 Mondeo Window Seal
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club

Hi Guys 

Was wondering if u could give me some advice please

looks like someone was trying to break into my car last night and they have cut part of the rubber seal away from the passenger side window at the bottom near the lock, looks like been done with a stanley knife or something similar,

Trouble being the inner part of the seal which fits into the window sill and is attached to the back of the outer rubber seal now has like a grey powder substance coming out of the middle of the seal which was cut, what is that stuff? thought rubber seals would been made up of rubber only.

Any Idea's folk

gforce

Pretty sure, from memory, they have a little metal runner in them, either to just give it some rigidity, or maybe used to help clip it on. Anyway, it's a common issue with this part corroding and producing the grey powdery substance you refer to.

I may have my old set in the shed as I replaced them with chrome ones on my old Mondeo ZS if you're in need of a replacement. One of my rears had bubbled a bit with corrosion, hence how I know of the grey stuff.

That's a bit worrying about the attemted theft, hopefully they've given up on you and won't return. I'm sure the rotten bstrds will just move on to another easier target though.

ppeter7

being a verona 2001 i take it thats a mk2 mondeo not mk3 :)  which are different models and diff seals but same princable :wacko:

gforce

Well spotted! ;)

stevegtuk

have a look on ebay and see if there are any for sale, or any cars being broken you can get the part off.

ppeter7

Well spotted! ;)

Well its working in a bodyshop for a rental company you tend to work on a few thousand mk2 mk3 mondeos n focus and transits lol

Thanks Guys

Was a bit worried in case it my have been some form of asbestos.

Will look on ebay or breakers for a replacement.

Much appreciated.
stevegtuk

Thanks Guys

Was a bit worried in case it my have been some form of asbestos.

Will look on ebay or breakers for a replacement.

Much appreciated.

It could have been anthrax powder or drugs smuggled into this country, but you got it before the dealers could pick it up :lol:

Full Colour Version: 2001 Mondeo Window Seal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615