Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cooling fan
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
vecky03
I have a 2003 Streetka with a cooling fan problem, the fan comes on after about five minutes driving. I have checked the water and it does not boil over or overheat?
Any ideas welcome :(
delboy
sounds like you have either a duff relay or a duff sender unit.

does your temp needle move inside the cAR ON THE DASH ??

how long have you had the car & has it had any work done to it under the bonnet to the engine
as sometimes the temp sender unit wires can get crossed with the temp wire.
they ar located on the top lh side i think atleas the thermostat is & it's usually on the stat & the hose that's off the rediator

the water temp unit in on the rh side . it looks like a spark plug going into the engine casing with a wire plugged onto it
roly
[quote name='delboy' post='16751' date='Mar 27 2009, 02:57 PM']sounds like you have either a duff relay or a duff sender unit.

does your temp needle move inside the cAR ON THE DASH ??

how long have you had the car & has it had any work done to it under the bonnet to the engine
as sometimes the temp sender unit wires can get crossed with the temp wire.
they ar located on the top lh side i think atleas the thermostat is & it's usually on the stat & the hose that's off the rediator

the water temp unit in on the rh side . it looks like a spark plug going into the engine casing with a wire plugged onto it[/quote]
I don't think the streetka has a temp gauge just a thermometer light that comes on when its too late. :blink:
vecky03
[quote name='roly' post='19647' date='Apr 12 2009, 03:31 PM']I don't think the streetka has a temp gauge just a thermometer light that comes on when its too late. :blink:[/quote]
Finally found the fault of the fan coming on, thermostat faulty :rolleyes:

Full Colour Version: cooling fan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.