Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is This Touch Up Paint?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
trikidy

I need some paint to go over a couple of areas on my car, colour is sea grey metallic.

I've found 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYCOTE-FORD-SEA-GREY-METALLIC-DOUBLE-ACRYLIC-SPRAY-PAINT-150ML-/150705567150?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item2316c075ae

But it does not say touch up paint, but would it do the same job?

I've also found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-5ml-pen-brush-car-touch-up-paint-ford-sea-grey-metallic-/251284310109?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item3a81b6485d

Are there any other sites people recommend?

Thanks

Stoney871

First one would be ok for larger areas/panels etc but the second one is purely for touch up repairs.

trikidy

I have a small area where my nephew tried a clean my car with one of them green washing up things...its left a circle of scratches that looks bad.

Would the spray be okay to just cover it over?

minnis

In that case yes, I'd probably use the spray, but I believe you'll need to strip the paint off, paint, and clearcoat... A lot of hassle.

Is it too deep for T-Cut or equivalent?

trikidy

T-cut did help it, might just spray it and see how it looks

Lester1102
Hi if you are having to touch up the affected area you will have to mask around sand down and apply thin ,ultiple layers of the paint you might also need to re lacquer it afterwards
jeebowhite

be careful Reece,

I tried to do a touch up on a load of scratches on my wheel arch on my old fiesta yonks ago, it ended up worse than it started and still had to go to a bodyshop!

Just be very careful I would say tape off everything around the one big scratch or chip, so that your only ever applying paint (in thin layers) to only the damaged parts.

trikidy

Okay mate cheers

Full Colour Version: Is This Touch Up Paint?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.