Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Issue With Clutch
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
rpeveritt

First of all hi!

I have a Ford Fiesta MK6 2004 plate which has seemed to developed some form of issue with the clutch.

The clutch compared to my other vehicle feels horrid, its spungy all the way and doesnt feel like its ready to initiate a new gear once you press hard.

When I change gear and push down on the clutch, somtimes the clutch pedal makes a bang noise and just falls to the floor of the car, like somthing has snapped behind it ( a spring or somthing) and I will have to wait a couple of minutes to allow the pedal to come back up before I can change gear again.

Does anyone know what this could be?

jeebowhite

could be the clutch thrust bearing, which means a new clutch. Likewise it could be the spring, but I doubt it, as if the spring goes, it wont return back to a usable position and tends to need to be dragged by your toes...

Full Colour Version: Issue With Clutch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.