Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Mk Vii Interior Lighting Questions
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
MitchellPetrie

I've been thinking of ways to make my car that little bit more interesting without spending too much money. So i thought about interior lighting? perhaps in the footwells, glovebox and maybe in the door pockets as ive seen in my mums LR Evoque but i unfortunately have no idea where to start. I can solder well as i used to modify xbox controllers on the side for some money but i dont know what kind of lights would be best (LED's obviously but i mean can you buy them in pre assembled strips? and what kind of voltage etc) and how would i build them into the car, where can i safetly connect them etc.

jeebowhite

A very good modification indeed!

You require 12v speaker wire (LOTS!) and 12v LED Strips. I would recommend butt connectors to those who cant solder, but in your case, you should be alright with solder and heat shrink!

That and the ignition barrel, LED festoon / wedge bulbs for your interior map lights :D

MitchellPetrie

A very good modification indeed!

You require 12v speaker wire (LOTS!) and 12v LED Strips. I would recommend butt connectors to those who cant solder, but in your case, you should be alright with solder and heat shrink!

That and the ignition barrel, LED festoon / wedge bulbs for your interior map lights :D

Thanks, are there any guides on how to do this? just so im not running in blind haha

jeebowhite

if you have a look at the focus guides section, Lenny did one on how to do it for the focus, also have a look at trickeyd, as he recently did them on his fiesta.

MitchellPetrie

if you have a look at the focus guides section, Lenny did one on how to do it for the focus, also have a look at trickeyd, as he recently did them on his fiesta.

thanks I'll have a look

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615