Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Radio On My Ford Ka
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Paulro
My car went for mot with radio working and came back not working with code needed.
I have the code but when I switch on the radio the word code is seen but there's nothing flashing. When I press number 1 a zero appears and if I continue to press it more zeros appear. It then goes into wait mode.
What am I doing wrong?
This is my first post. I have the 6000rds aux instructions but they are not working here.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Stoney871
Are you trying to enter the code as a direct button entry or scrolling each one by using buttons 1-4?

I don't want to be a granny with you but if your radio has only number keys 1-6 and as an example your code was 4321 then you would press key 1 four times, key 2 three times, key 3 twice and key 4 once then press 5 to confirm.
If it's a ten digit radio you enter the numbers by pressing the buttons as if dialing a phone then press the * key to confirm.
Paulro
The radio has 5 buttons. I'd like to press button 1 4 times, button 3, three times and so on.
But, when I press button 1 a zero appears for each time I press it so there'd be 4 zero's for button one.
Does that sound correct to you?
Stoney871
That is curious as the number buttons should each scroll one digit of the code.
May be an idea to pop to your nearest Ford dealer and see if they can suss it out for you.
vince_13

try this method

ISwitch Radio On - Display Shows " CODE "
Press Preset " 1 " to Enter
Press Tuning Up Button " > " For Correct Digit
Press Preset " 2 " to Enter
Press Preset " 3 " to Enter
Press Preset "4
" to Enter
If the correct code number is now shown
Press Preset " 1 " to Enter 
(or press number 5 to confirm)

Full Colour Version: Help With Radio On My Ford Ka
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.