Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Airbag Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
darrellj88
Hello folks I am just new to this forum so please excuse me if there is already a post about this! I have a 1999 1.8 petrol mondeo and it is due for m.o.t tomorrow morning and as I was driving home from my friends house the airbag light came on the dash in the bottom left!! Does any1 know a quick fix or anything I can do to sort this problem out as I have m.o.t at 8.30 tomorrow morning

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks
mixmasterlooney

Go to garage and have someone reset the fault code for you, the light will turn off if there isn't a serious problem, if it's a minor problem it will come back 60 miles laters. Any safety warning lights is a failure of MOT though

Stoney871
Does your car have seat airbags?
If so it could be a good idea to check any wiring below your seats.
darrellj88
Yea I thinks its the srs airbag nd there is a wee yellow connector box under the seat I think which is causing this light to flash..ii wont ave time to take it to a garage as my mot is at 8.30.. no quick fix I take it guys?
Stoney871
Give the wires a push just in case there's a loose connection

Full Colour Version: Airbag Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.