Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Black Fiesta Zetec S
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Modifications and Projects > Ford Project and Build Threads
Pages: 1, 2
danzetecs1600

Hello people.

Have had my fezzi for a month or two now and thought i would start a thread on the little mods that i have started to do. This is the car how i got it from the garage.

First thing was a new set of car mats (nothing fancy, just plain old mats)

Then my home made aluminium foot rest was made and installed.(stuck down with mammoth tape :lol: )

Next on the agenda was to clean up those boring looking brake calipers. So a trip to halfords was in order. Picked up some red and black heat resistant enamel paint and three coats later...

Latest addition was again home made, an aluminium battery clamp put underneath the original which i think seemed to look alright  :wacko: . Well thats it for now. Next mods when funds allow, will hopefully be, wind deflectors, sill protectors, mudflaps, exhaust, dmb gel overlays, lowering springs, eyebrows, performance panel filter, armrest - none of which hopefully will have to be home engineered lol. :P

Preee

Looking good Daniel , keep up the great mods

FiestaZS90150

looks nice =)

Philf1

Like the footrest, you should think about selling these i'd have one off you, they are £14 on ebay which seems a bit steep.

FiestaZS90150

If you wouldnt mind could you like measure the one you made? i think i can make one myself =). just need some measerments to go by. Length and width at top and bottom if they are different. And also the thickiness ? lol.

thanks =) and it looks ace

danzetecs1600

If you wouldnt mind could you like measure the one you made? i think i can make one myself =). just need some measerments to go by. Length and width at top and bottom if they are different. And also the thickiness ? lol.

thanks =) and it looks ace

Here are the measurements and a drawing to help, if ya fancy havin a go. :) 

FiestaZS90150

Here are the measurements and a drawing to help, if ya fancy havin a go. :) attachicon.gifIMGP0059.JPG

thanks man that way nice of you. =). Will have a go at it surely it would only cost the peice of aluminium. how do you make it countersunk though?

FiestaZS90150

do i simply use a larger drill bit?

danzetecs1600

thanks man that way nice of you. =). Will have a go at it surely it would only cost the peice of aluminium. how do you make it countersunk though?

You can get special countersinking drill pieces, but failing that most people just use a bigger drill, so for these 10mm holes you could use a drill 13mm or bigger.

danzetecs1600

do i simply use a larger drill bit?

yeah you got it  :)

FiestaZS90150

okay thanks ill give it a go tomorrow =)

danzetecs1600
Just a little update. New mods include dmb gel overlays, k & n panel filter, climair dark wind deflectors, have painted fog surrounds and upper grill in colorado red, & added some vinyl stickers just to spruce the rear up a bit:wacko: Sent from my SM-T310 using Ford OC mobile app
danzetecs1600
Have stripped plastic interior parts that have now been primered today ready for painting hopefully tommorrow.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Ford OC mobile app

danzetecs1600
And sprayed ready to fit. :)

danzetecs1600
A few pics with the interior plastics refitted. Excuse the dust on the parts, I shouldhave cockpit shined them before taking photos. :p Sent from my SM-T310 using Ford OC mobile app
Mikey923
Looking very well mate! Surprising what a bit of colour can do!
danzetecs1600
Yeah thats right. Just finished painting a few more parts ready to fit tomorrow.

benny92
Looks really good m8
Thinking of doing the same with my white zs did this take long and is it hard to spray the interior plastics????

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

danzetecs1600
Naa not really. Use u tube and search for (mk7 interior plastics removal) which was very helpful, then lightly rub down with some wet and dry sandpaper (800-1200 grit), then I used plastic primer (1-2 coats), wait 24 hrs and wet and dry again (800-1200 grit), then colour (2 coats at least), then I waited 30-45 mins and went straight on with clear laquer (2 coats at least) wasnt hard, just take ur time and spray in a warmish, dustish free area as u can get. Also put some rags down and some hooks up to store the parts whilst they are drying, and if ur like me and like to hold the piece that u are spraying then get yourself a box of disposable gloves for the hand holding the piece. If u havnt done much spraying before and not confident then start on something simple like the interior door handles as they are easy flat surface to spray. I am no expert, but enjoy doing things myself, which is part of the appeal to modding for me, so just give it a go. :D
Any questions just message me and I will try my best to help.

b4zz

liking the parts you have painted

danzetecs1600
Here are some pictures of the front grill fitted.

D13 HPD 95

dan did you keep the chrome surrond on the front ford badge? i was thinking ive got new dmb gels to replace my old one, so i was going to paint the surrond gloss black and the badge or just blak wrap them? them apply the dmb on top think this will work? i need to find time first to do this tho haha

also how hard was the front grill? i have done all my own spraying before and done the interior on my fez, so in confident and have all the things to do it. im going to do the front upper grill first tho to see how it goes lol

b4zz

liking that a lot

danzetecs1600
Hi Daniel.
The chrome surround is still on the car because I stuck the badge on before thinking about painting the old badge black, and as you probably know, them badges dont come off very easily after being applied. I wish I had done this on mine as I think it would look loads better, and I cant see why you would have any problem painting yours, should b fine.
If you have done all your own painting on your car so far, youll have no problems spraying your grills. Just remember with the lower grill, you want to spray into the hole parts of the grill from every direction before doing the face part of the grill, which was time consuming but made sure that every side got covered. I done 1 coat plastic primer, 2 coats colour and 2 coats clear laquer. Also there is a video on u tube on how to remove the front grill which is very useful. Just search fiesta mk7 grill removal. It was fiddly but eventually falls out. Hope this all helps. Any other questions feel free to ask, I will try to help.
Also very nice to hear of others doing their own spraying, which does save money and is part of the fun of modding, even if it does go wrong from time to time. :D

D13 HPD 95
Cheers m8, yh when i can get time ill spray the whole thing gloss black then dmb gel ontop :) should be good :) i have the asain grill so less to paint there :D ill do the inserts vision blue too, did you do the two cover separate?
Yh i paid like 30 for a kit semi pro kit, so far its gone good :) i like doing it seeing them transform :) would be a good job too, but yh save loads i was quoted 150 for the parts im doing in black but for 30 and a weekend with good weather ill do it myself :)
danzetecs1600
I only had one insert on mine, but I did remove it to paint it, and sprayed the part under it so everything was painted. I would definately remove the 2 inserts on the Asian grill to paint them vision blue. Will look cool when finished. Definately would like to see some photos of it when completed. :D

D13 HPD 95

sweet thank you, yh im going to do it soon as i can but work and weekends are busy :/ need a week off haha yh as soon as ive done them im going to make a project page for the things ive done to the car :) just havnt been assed yet haha, love the red vs black tho!!

danzetecs1600
Have de badged the rear totally, but have resprayed the S badge to see what it looks like on its own. Will take some photos when ive stuck it back on.

D13 HPD 95

Have de badged the rear totally, but have resprayed the S badge to see what it looks like on its own. Will take some photos when ive stuck it back on.
attachicon.gif1389895302930.jpg

that looks the dogs!!! might do mine in vision blue hmmmm ;) ideas

danzetecs1600
Cheers bud, will take pictures when its back on the car. :D

b4zz

liking the s badge and think that will look sweet

D13 HPD 95

Cheers bud, will take pictures when its back on the car. :D

Any pics :)
danzetecs1600
As long as its not raining, ill stick it on tomorrow and upload some pics. :D Hopefully itll look alright.

danzetecs1600
Had time to give the motor a good clean today and then stuck the s badge back on. Heres the pics. :D

Might not be to everyones styling taste, but I quite like it.

D13 HPD 95

looks good i think :) might do mine in gloss black, if i colour code it you won't be able to see it haha, also do you know how to get the front and rear ford badges off the plastic panels? cheers dude 

still waiting for time to do mine -.- won't be for like another 3 weeks ish now super busy at work -.- 

b4zz

liking the s badge fella and looks like you done a good job on the clean up

danzetecs1600
Cheers Dan. Sorry im not sure about the badges, when I painted my front grill, I just masked it over. Gloss black S badge will look good on ya blue car. Look foward to seeing some pics when done. :D

Scotty09
Looking good pal. Keep us updated! :)
danzetecs1600
Have fitted an after market heated seat kit today, which works really well. Have also fitted my momo gear knob after spraying it red and black to match me car. Will take some more photos again tomorrow.

danzetecs1600
Another update,
Have fitted new alloys and tyres,
Rallyflapz mudflaps,
And aftermarket rear parking sensors.

Heres a couple of pics for now,

nickandlaura2011
Hi what aftermarket heated seats did u buy and whats the outcome. What do they look like could u show a pic please

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app
Gazst170
Hiya danszetec 1600 ive got to say black and red looks very smart:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app
danzetecs1600
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Set-Universal-seat-heating-retrofit-kit-Base-Back-Carbon-Auto-Car-2-Files-OVP-/271261505927?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f28721987
Hi Nick and Laura,
This is the exact kit that I bought and installed in my car, and has to be the best mod I have done on any car ever. I also used these to get power to them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-MINI-FUSE-ADD-A-CIRCUIT-FUSE-TAP-PIGGYBACK-/230652186731?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b3f1106b

nickandlaura2011
Thanks for that how did u do it did u take the seat covers off and stick them on then put the cover back on. Also how easy is it to wire up and what does it wire up to.

Many thanks Nick

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app
danzetecs1600
Firstly I removed both seats and removed enough of the underseat clips+seat back adjuster wheel and plastic sides until I could get enough of the seat cover loose that I could slide my hands underneath with the heater pad and locate it with its adhesive sides, (this was a bit fiddly)then using a suitable sized hole saw I drilled a hole for the switch in the side of the seat, then connected all the wiring and zip tied it to the underneath of the seat. I then wired the black ground/Neutral wires using crimps to some bolts that hold the gearstick linkages in place underneath the center console and then wired the red/ Live wires to the mini fuse taps using the through crimps supplied with them, and piggy backed one to the fuse that was supplying the spot lights, and one on the fuse suppling the rear wiper. I chose these circuits because they are only supplied with power when the key is in the ignition and turned on, which stops you leaving the car with them accidently left on. Also although they piggy back other circuits they don't affect the circuits. Took between 4/6hours to do. Has been fine ever since. Check out you tube for more installation guides. :D
Here is a pic of button on side of seat, had to use torch, as its dark outside, lol.
Another thing when you put heat pad on back part of seat make sure the wires supplying the pad are closest to the bottom back part of the seat, and for the seat pad (the one you sit on)i put the wires suppling the pad around the front of the seat,so that you leave yourself with enough wire to reach the relay that you will zip tie underneath the seat. I also didn't have to trim the heat pads at all. Hope this helps, any probs just ask.
Sent from. my SM-T310 using Ford OC mobile app
D13 HPD 95
Dan, done my S badges this week ;) and blacked out the ford badges if you check my project page for pics ;)
danzetecs1600
Some new mods this week,
A totally home made wheel changing tools kit holder to fit inside full size spare wheel and,
A universal center arm rest with home made spacers to fit over center console. :D

ben1191
Wish the pictures would load...

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC
D13 HPD 95
I like the armrest u got any pics installed m8?? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app
danzetecs1600
Will b putting it in tomorrow, and will take some more pics. Its really good for price. 20 quid. Have tried it in the car and it fits very well. Doesn't look cheap!

Full Colour Version: My Black Fiesta Zetec S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.