Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Problem ( Slipping,master Cylinder)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
smiggy002
Hi,
Don't no of I'm in the right section but just need little bit of advice. My brake fluid was dropping about 6 months ago. After realising what it was and topping it up during this time I've now had the master cylinder changed. Now, 2 days after, the clutch started to feel strange and was slipping a lot. Had to rev really high to get a slight movement. Now it wil not move at all and I can select any gear and release the clutch fully with accelerating at all. Would just like to know if anybody knows exactly the problem before I take it back to the garage. Cheers, Jamie
stef123
Sounds like you have a worn out friction plate to me
jeebowhite

+1, sounds like they are two separate issues that occurred at the same time.

FOCA

If brake fluid gets onto the friction plate due to a leak, it can cause the clutch to slip

Once the friction plate is contaminated with fluid it is difficult to get cleaned off, i was told it would need to be replaced on my mk3  tit-x 2.2, the flyweel can be used again because the face is metal if the DMF is ok     

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.