Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch master cylinder
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
cecil
hello

i'm a new member with fiesta finesse 2003.

great site - already found out about sump drain plug in the first minute.

i have lost clutch pedal - plastic actuator between pedal and cylinder broken. thought i would have ago at fitting new master. i am having a problem with refitting pedal return spring.
has anyone had this problem?

cecil
craggy
[quote name='cecil' post='17631' date='Apr 1 2009, 07:51 PM']hello

i'm a new member with fiesta finesse 2003.

great site - already found out about sump drain plug in the first minute.

i have lost clutch pedal - plastic actuator between pedal and cylinder broken. thought i would have ago at fitting new master. i am having a problem with refitting pedal return spring.
has anyone had this problem?

cecil[/quote]

what problem are you exactly having , can't get it on, can't remember where it fits , let us know.
cecil
[quote name='craggy' post='17892' date='Apr 3 2009, 10:30 AM']what problem are you exactly having , can't get it on, can't remember where it fits , let us know.[/quote]

Hi craggy

Thanks for replying

The problem was the tension on the spring made it difficult to align the clutch pedal pin.
After a number of attempts, i managed to do it. I just wondered if there is an easier way to fit the spring.

I am back on the road again now, but i am beginning to wonder if i should have fitted a new spring.

Is it possible to fit a new spring, without removing the pedal and master cylinder assembly?

cecil
craggy
[quote name='cecil' post='18848' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:21 PM']Hi craggy

Thanks for replying

The problem was the tension on the spring made it difficult to align the clutch pedal pin.
After a number of attempts, i managed to do it. I just wondered if there is an easier way to fit the spring.

I am back on the road again now, but i am beginning to wonder if i should have fitted a new spring.

Is it possible to fit a new spring, without removing the pedal and master cylinder assembly?

cecil[/quote]

you should be okay with the old spring , i think you can replace the spring without removing the master cylinder , but i can't be 100% certain, i wouldn't personally bother putting a new spring on if everything feels okay.

Full Colour Version: clutch master cylinder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.