Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Locking problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Phoenix7
Hi

I have a '97 Ka with a few problems that, given the age, are quite understandable!

The one problem that really frustrates me is that to unlock my car, I have to unlock the passenger side lock, which works fine and unlocks the whole car, but then when i go to lock it, the driver's side lock works fine! <_< So i can lock the driver's side, but not unlock it!!

I've read that WD40 may help this, but me and my dad spent quite a while on the lock with this, with no positive result. Are there any other suggestions out there to cure this simple, but frustrating problem?

Thanks for your time!
eurofordka
[quote name='Phoenix7' post='17734' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:04 AM']Hi

I have a '97 Ka with a few problems that, given the age, are quite understandable!

The one problem that really frustrates me is that to unlock my car, I have to unlock the passenger side lock, which works fine and unlocks the whole car, but then when i go to lock it, the driver's side lock works fine! <_< So i can lock the driver's side, but not unlock it!!

I've read that WD40 may help this, but me and my dad spent quite a while on the lock with this, with no positive result. Are there any other suggestions out there to cure this simple, but frustrating problem?

Thanks for your time![/quote]

only way you will get round it is changin your lock i had the same problem my lock worked when the key was so far out and a certain way in the lock hope this helps

Full Colour Version: Locking problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.