Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to Buy
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Delirious Dave
Hi,

My partner has her heart set on a Ford Ka and is looking to spend around 1,000 - 1,500 to get herself on the road. I've been doing some sleuthing to find out the common faults to look for, and thus far found out:

* Central locking problems
* Engine Fan running continuously
* Brake fluid light (corrosion on connection)
* Brake pedal slow return
* Rusty door sills
* Spark plugs "Getting stuck" - needs drilling out
* Wet passenger foot well (Pollen filter)
* Gear changes between 3rd and 5th

I've yet to find out when belts need changing and what the service schedule is, however i wondered if anyone could advise anything else i should look out for?

Thanks

Dave
aby
[quote name='Delirious Dave' post='17910' date='Apr 3 2009, 11:18 AM']Hi,

My partner has her heart set on a Ford Ka and is looking to spend around 1,000 - 1,500 to get herself on the road. I've been doing some sleuthing to find out the common faults to look for, and thus far found out:

* Central locking problems
* Engine Fan running continuously
* Brake fluid light (corrosion on connection)
* Brake pedal slow return
* Rusty door sills
* Spark plugs "Getting stuck" - needs drilling out
* Wet passenger foot well (Pollen filter)
* Gear changes between 3rd and 5th

I've yet to find out when belts need changing and what the service schedule is, however i wondered if anyone could advise anything else i should look out for?

Thanks

Dave[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]

[size=3][size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]Hi dave, yes i can confirm that there are central locking probs, ive had to have the sills welded, my passenger footwell is soaking, which i didnt know was the filter, but ive put up with it! its been a very good car since i bought it in 2000 though. also, the door release boot button has never worked & the back rear wiper doesnt work. i was told that the central locking, boot release & wiper were all in the same electrical circuit. only last august it needed the most attention as the sills were corroded & also by the petrol flap is a common area to corrode. mine is very bad. All in all its been the best car & only wear 'n tear items have been replaced really. so after 9 yrs of driving it its been a brill car, i would recommend one but now its time to change it b4 the mot as i know it prob wont pass.
regards, Aby[/font][/color][/size][/size]
blonde_abbie
aparntly coil packs are a problem all them probs you have listed i havnt had any of them as of yet touch wood

abbie

Full Colour Version: Looking to Buy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615