Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unusual idling
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ford motorsport
Hi all,

I have a 2001 y reg 1.4cl focus, what the problem is that upon a cold start start i get the normal revs above 1000, and usually it drops to 750 once the car has warmed up. in my case once the car warms up idling drops to 1000 and if i put on the heating or ac, then the idle drop to 500 to 750 sometimes moving in between. my 1.8 focus once warmed up drops to 750 and remains there

Once the car is on the move it seems like i'm driving with the choke on or like i have just started driving from cold start and the revs take time coming down to idle point.

Does the above make sense and if so does anyone have thoughts as to what this issue is.

Your assistance in this matter is much appreciated.

Kaps
dezwez
[quote name='ford motorsport' post='17938' date='Apr 3 2009, 01:31 PM']Hi all,

I have a 2001 y reg 1.4cl focus, what the problem is that upon a cold start start i get the normal revs above 1000, and usually it drops to 750 once the car has warmed up. in my case once the car warms up idling drops to 1000 and if i put on the heating or ac, then the idle drop to 500 to 750 sometimes moving in between. my 1.8 focus once warmed up drops to 750 and remains there

Once the car is on the move it seems like i'm driving with the choke on or like i have just started driving from cold start and the revs take time coming down to idle point.

Does the above make sense and if so does anyone have thoughts as to what this issue is.

Your assistance in this matter is much appreciated.

Kaps[/quote]
clean your Idle control valve be a post some where on here about it ;)
ford motorsport
where is the idle control valve on the 1.4cl?
dezwez
[quote name='ford motorsport' post='18105' date='Apr 4 2009, 03:50 PM']where is the idle control valve on the 1.4cl?[/quote]
not sure mines a 1.8
repost that question should get it replyed too

Full Colour Version: unusual idling
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.