Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Bay Fire
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
ARNIE.H

ANY EXPERIENCES OF ENGINE BAY FIRES WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF STARTING A COLD ENGINE. GLOWPLUG CABLE TERMINAL TO WIRING LOOM MELTED ,IGNITED, IN TURN SPREAD TO DIESEL FUEL LINES. FORD RELUCTANT TO DISCUSS BECAUSE I SOUGHT HELP FROM MY LOCAL NON FORD GARAGE EVEN THOUGH MAIN DEALER HAS SERVICED UNIT  FROM NEW . 2009 1.8 TDCi 22K ON THE CLOCK. ARNIE .H

wase16ll

sounds like a cop out to me

has car been repaired by non Ford garage or just checked the cause

ARNIE.H

sounds like a cop out to me

has car been repaired by non Ford garage or just checked the cause

LOCAL INDEPENDANT GARAGE REPAIRED CAR WITH PARTS SUPPLIED BY FORD, £110  PLUS £90 LABOUR + VAT = £240. REQUESTING PAYMENT  FROM FORD UK.

georgen

phone trading standards and citizen advice for how to push this, tell you what and how you go on, but I would of thought you had a case and you should win, but might take a while, there hope bu dragging it on that you just forget about it, but keep at them.

wase16ll
Would get a written report on why and what happened from garage that did repair...even if still under warranty your still covered if Ford parts were fitted.
jeebowhite

will be watching this with interest.

Just as a friendly word though CAPITALS SEEM LIKE YOUR SHOUTING AT THE AUDIENCE!!!! so just stick to the lower case ;) :)

Full Colour Version: Engine Bay Fire
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.