Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2004 Fusion 1.4Tdci Engine Oil Consumption
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
lipso

my 04 fusion 1.4tdci has 116k and drives well but I only have it 6 weeks or so but seems to need engine oil topped up, so far twice from min to max after having done 1700 miles - can't see any oil leaks??

I'll admit that most of the cars I've owned (petrol) have needed topping up but my last car a 2001 1.8tddi focus with 136k which I had for 2 years never needed topping up and always stayed at the max level on the dipstick

Gombal

I know they used to say that if you're oil consumption didn't exceed 1 litre per 625 mile (1000 km) it was still oke.
That's the general rule but i don't know if it still applies today.

Mine also uses some oil (6000 km (3750 miles) and 1/4 of the dipstick) so not as much as yours.

But it could be anything (reving it high also makes it consume more, i rarely go over 2500-3000 rpm).

From a defective PCV to worn piston rings

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615