Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Cambelt Change - Safe To Support Engine On Sump?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
golfpunk

Hello,

I want to do the cambelt change myself on my focus 04 tdci estate. Just some advice on the engine support side of things as haynes manual discourages sump jack support. I dont really want to have to rent a hoist. I know an engine support beam probably costs about the same as the hoist hire but then i'm stuck with it and will have to flog second hand and lose money. 

I was going to do the water pump at same time and haynes says the whole bracket has to come off connected to engine and the engine has to come up by 20mm to get the pump out. Is it safe to raise engine this small amount slowly jacking sump?

Cheers for any advice

georgen

if you use a piece of wood on jack, about 1" thick flat square will be ok, the reason I say 1" is if you use a block it came become unstable on jack and engine could slide off, even better would be the rubber pads you can get for jacks, the dealer would not use a hoist either.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.