Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Mk2 Mods
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
wee_sam122
Anyone got any mods on there focus looking to do a bit more to mines?
Stoney871
Lights, radio, spoiler, carbon wrapping trims, door sills etc etc etc. :)
Have a look at the picture below this message for my list.
minnis
LED footwell lights (front is easy, rear slightly more tricky)
Other interior lights (glovebox, ignition barrel etc)
General LED conversion
Bluetooth Kit
Aux in jack if not already fitted
Sun blinds (gives appearance of tinted windows)
Parking sensors
Upgraded headlight bulbs (Osram's)
Euro focus style clear fog light cover (so the fog and reverse light are symmetrical)
EGR blank
Green Cotton air filter
DMB gel overlays
Remove weight (e.g spare wheel, rear seats etc, for extra performance)
Debadging
'De-Tangoing'
Extra 12v socket in the boot

Most of these will have little to no effect on insurance, with most being non-declarable.

The next mods are also possible, but will affect your premiums more, so npot ideal if you're short of cash or a young driver etc.

New alloy wheels
ST/RS bodykit
Aftermarket spoiler
Remap
New stereo (with screen for reversing camera)
Custom exhaust

There are loads more depending on how much money you have to spend on it, what you want out of it (gadgets, performance, looks etc) and depending on whether or not you can afford the insurance. For example, swapping out the radio would cost me an extra £1000 in insurance for 6months, but parking sensors were free.
Lenny
Your Mk2.5 focus is the same chassis from 2005-2011 so all body panels from 2005-2011 will fit your focus,
You can create a Mk2.5 ST replica by changing the bumpers, spoiler and fitting some skirts,
ZetecS can be built by fitting panels and skirts to the existing bumpers.
Other mods
Such as egr blank depend on your engine,
You may like to view my build thread for some inspiration
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2013/

I have created 26 guides on modifications to my 2010 focus all 100% comparable on yours too,
See the list of links below this post.

Full Colour Version: Focus Mk2 Mods
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.