Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cruise Control Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Boosh

Hi all,

A couple of days ago I changed the diesel filter on my '08 Mondeo and had some trouble restarting the engine, to the point of the battery tiring and barely managing to turn the engine over. It's now been sorted, but I noticed that the 'Cruise Control stand by' message does not appear when pressing the On button, and that Cruise Control doesn't seem to want to engage. I must mention that Cruise Control was working before, and that I know how to use it. Could that problem be related to the battery getting almost flat (so much so that I had to reset the electric windows)? Or should I look at a faulty On button? Or pedal switches? I looked around the forum and somebody mentioned that pressing '+' and '-' at the same time should put Cruise Control on standby. Is that right? I haven't tried yet, but wouldn't like to be barking up the wrong tree...

Thanks for your time and help (hopefully)

Boosh.

jeebowhite

Its worth pressing those two together for five seconds, may give it a restart, otherwise the next best thing would be to get the battery up to charge, disconnect the battery and try again.

Check if the cruise control option appears in the menu structure, and make sure theres nothing screwey there...

Boosh
Thanks for helping out. I tried the '2 buttons together' suggestion on my way home tonight, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I had a look in the manual for location of fuse, but I could only find 'ACC' fuses a couple of times, but I've only got regular Cruise Control, not the Adaptive version. Could it be the clutch or brake position switch? Are they easy to get to and clean out? Or is it more likely a fuse? In any case, I have no message on the dash, and Cruise Control does not appear in Settings... Any pointers?
Thanks for your help,
Boosh.
jeebowhite

Have you disconnected the battery for a half hour?

Boosh
Hurray! All working ok now! I was trying again the '+ and - buttons-at-the-same-time' thing, (no result) and then tried 'on' and '+' at the same time for a few seconds. The display flashed very briefly and... everything is now back in working order!
Thanks jeebowhite for pointing me in the right direction.
M.
jeebowhite

No Worries :D at least I know what buttons to press now :D

Full Colour Version: Cruise Control Not Working
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.