Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice Required Please! - I Have The Wrong Instrument Set
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
SuperMrPhi

Hello everyone!

I have just purchased a 2003 (53) Mondeo tdci as my work-and-back commuter and it's amazing. Love it. 

But.

It has the wrong instrument cluster in it. I know this as the rev counter goes to 6 and as such I am assuming I have no associated warning lights for the diesel engine.

What I am hunting is the correct parts number for the clocks so I can hunt one down on ebay. I don't really care about the milage as I plan on keeping this car forever (until it goes to the great heap in the sky)

So far I have found this but there seem to be so many variations!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-DIESEL-TDCI-SPEEDO-CLOCKS-SPEEDOMETER-WITH-TRIP-3S7F-10849-KC/281152936906?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D867435285378211997%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D390631474962%26

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Mark

FOCA

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I would assume its fitted with clocks from a petrol car  

When you choose the clocks - make sure it was the type fitted to the car originally -

for examlple - if it was an entry level model, it probably did not have a trip computer -

i have no idea if a car that was not originally fitted with a trip computer, once clocks are fitted with the computer, if the computer would work or not

Some of these things were optional extras so worth checking the ecat  

Strictly speaking - the mileage should be correct/ match the MOT or technically it could be percieved as fraud and questions may be asked the next time you go for an MOT   

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615