Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird Fluter/rattle
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
marklord83
Hi wounder if anyone can shed any light on this, if accelerating hard from below 2000rpm when I get to1800 theres a werid kind of rattle noise I dont hear it when accelerating normally just when my foots down its a 2.0 tdci focus 07

Cheers guys
jeebowhite

Start though by checking the service of the car, check if it has a clean air filter, a recent (ish) fuel filter change. This would restrict the main ingredients and cause the car to stammer under pressure when it needs the power, and its fairly cheap to replace the fuel filter / much cheaper to replace the air filter!

Otherwise Could be engine mounts are vibrating to be honest, if its only when you floor it, the engines going to work harder.

Focus_IRE

Hi wounder if anyone can shed any light on this, if accelerating hard from below 2000rpm when I get to1800 theres a werid kind of rattle noise I dont hear it when accelerating normally just when my foots down its a 2.0 tdci focus 07

Cheers guys

Hi Mark,

Does it sound like its a metal on metl sound? I had a simillar issue with mine and what I found was that the heat shield on the turbo was hitting the steel radiator pipe and by pushing it back and putting heat resistant tape on stops the two rattling together,

marklord83
Thanks for replys guys both air filter and fuel are quite new and its done it from three years of owning it, ill check the turbo heat shield next just strange rattle but it does sound like metal to metal and definitely outside the engine. Ive had the car since 76000 and now its just done 106000
georgen

I would say check heat shields too, but would check all of them as they are prone to coming loose and vibrating off each other and the car, 

marklord83
Will do thanks mate strange how it does it just between them revs but thats where the power starts kicking in.

Full Colour Version: Weird Fluter/rattle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.