Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't Start The Engine,urgent Heeeelp,please
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
andysvision

Heeeeelp i have a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi,im getting mad,i was just making a short tour in my town with my family,when we were turning home just 500m from my house everything went on,on my dashboard and a message saying:engine system failure or something like that,than the message acceleration decreased,i guess this i the limp mode :( but what happened is that i turned of my car and than i tryed 5 times to turn it on but no,i cant..please help what can i do,what may it be,is urgent :( 

wase16ll
is engine turning over
wase16ll
if it is, so many possibles, you really need codes read to point you in right direction
andysvision

if it is, so many possibles, you really need codes read to point you in right direction

but i cant even start it up to take it to any garage to read the codes :( any posible way to make it start up?thanks

wase16ll
without knowing whats wrong, not really

think your only option is to call someone out
wase16ll
could try bleeding the fuel..might be enough to get it running
andysvision

hmmmm i thought maby if i unplug the battery for some minutes maby it resets the error codes for some minutes? 

wase16ll
you can try, but codes will stay till cleared
andysvision

Hel

you can try, but codes will stay till cleared

i just did the dashboard trick and i got this DTC codes

D147

D900

E197

E200

A103

Any clue?Thanks

wase16ll
dont have those codes to hand, but did a search and all appear to be invalid data or data interupted...

2 refer to vehicle speed and odometer...maybe speed sensor failed.
2 refer to security.....maybe an immobiliser problem
maybe a power interuption somewhere...check the fuses, battery connections, earth leads etc
andysvision

dont have those codes to hand, but did a search and all appear to be invalid data or data interupted...

2 refer to vehicle speed and odometer...maybe speed sensor failed.
2 refer to security.....maybe an immobiliser problem
maybe a power interuption somewhere...check the fuses, battery connections, earth leads etc

so what you think ,does this sound like an expensive or cheap problem?thanks

wase16ll
cant answer that im afraid..diagnostics isnt as black and white when it comes to codes
jeebowhite

Following on from what Tony said:

D147 - Missing / Invalid Vehicle Security Data could be that the PATS system has lost the pairing to the key (probably needs an auto locksmith to repair it with Ford IDS)

I just found this on a Mustang forum:

U1147U1262.gif

D900 - Some sort of communication blip has occurred, this doesn't mean that there is a fault necessarily, but it shows that the car has lost communication with itself (when all the lights went out on the dash for example).

E197 and E200 as Tony said, refer to an invalid data for vehicle speed and odometer (this could indicate either a faulty instrument cluster, or could be related to the D900 error you saw above)

A103 is the Antenna Not Connected Error.

These could be indicative of a wiring issue on the car. But as Tony said, you cant diagnose a car solely on the readings of the error codes.

What happens when you turn the key to position II (not started the engine but all electrics are on?)

What do you see or hear? do you see dashboard lights flicker like crazy? hear a clicking in the passenger side? see headlights flicker? I suspect you may do and so would suggest you get the battery looked at.

andysvision

Hmm this is all so confusing,when i turn the key to position II is all normal like before just the lights come on than more of them came off,and than i hear just one click that the start is ready to i think,and when i go to start the engine nothing,,yes yes i see one red light just to the middle od the tempometer and the fuelmetter going on and off crazy,basicly i think i have elctricity but cant start,and the engine system failure shows on the dashboard,, :( desperate

jeebowhite

That is the immobilizer.

The immobilizer is not recognizing the key, and therefore is refusing to start the car. Do you have a spare key? if so try and start the car with the spare key! that should allow you to at least drive the car to a dealer, or a garage with FORD IDS software so that they can re-pair your key and car!

andysvision

Hmm i have one other key but it doesnt have buttons is just key doesnt have imobilaizer i think.

wase16ll
Immobilizer chip is in the key not the fob
So if it's just a key problem then your other key should work.. If it doesn't then it's a fault elsewhere in immobilizer system
Shame you missed original question about wether engine was turning over or not ;)
andysvision

but if 

Immobilizer chip is in the key not the fob
So if it's just a key problem then your other key should work.. If it doesn't then it's a fault elsewhere in immobilizer system
Shame you missed original question about wether engine was turning over or not ;)

i tested the other key too,no start.but what does it have to do with imobilizer when i se the :engine fault system?it would say imobilizer fault maby?just a dummy question :/

andysvision

That is the immobilizer.

The immobilizer is not recognizing the key, and therefore is refusing to start the car. Do you have a spare key? if so try and start the car with the spare key! that should allow you to at least drive the car to a dealer, or a garage with FORD IDS software so that they can re-pair your key and car!

But if is imobilizer,why is there the engine fault system mesagge?i just tryed the other key and nothing again cant start.And how did all this happen,any reasson,how did get my imobilizer out of controll so sudenly?Thanks

jeebowhite

There isnt a particular "immobilisers fault" message, so I believe it comes under the system fault message.

Try the other key, if it works, then you know its an "easy" fix (get the key re-paired) if it doesn't work, then there is a fault with the immobilisers most likely, which contributes to the engine system failure (immobilisers is a key part of this system)

andysvision

There isnt a particular "immobilisers fault" message, so I believe it comes under the system fault message.

Try the other key, if it works, then you know its an "easy" fix (get the key re-paired) if it doesn't work, then there is a fault with the immobilisers most likely, which contributes to the engine system failure (immobilisers is a key part of this system)

hmm is it expensive?can i do it worshops or only to the FORD base?i must add i have the ESP sytem fault mesagee too on board as i told earlier but it net got me any problem.

jeebowhite

Worst case scenario, you may be looking at an immobiiser failure, I really couldnt think how much it would cost for a replacement unfortunately, but you might find that the ESP and this is actually a wiring issue. It could be the wiring harness, but it might not be, I think your best bet is to go to ford directly.

andysvision

Worst case scenario, you may be looking at an immobiiser failure, I really couldnt think how much it would cost for a replacement unfortunately, but you might find that the ESP and this is actually a wiring issue. It could be the wiring harness, but it might not be, I think your best bet is to go to ford directly.

what damages the imobilizer ?so other times to know from what to be aware.bad news to hear,but i will try the cheap method going to my friends garage before i go to FORD witch i predict that the bill for only the ESP will be around 1000euros,imagine the imobilizer too,that will be around 2000euros both...so first the cheap way :/ i will keep updatet

andysvision

Still i wander mykey works perfectly outside all three buttons open the car,so my imobilizer is fine??maby my keys battery are dying maby,i just guess :/

jeebowhite

The immobiliser and central locking are two seperate systems. my cars key can be programmed to your central locking to unlock your doors! however, my key would not have been coded to the immobiliser.

Start with your spare key, that key might start the car! if it doesnt, then you need to consider the further worries!

andysvision

The immobiliser and central locking are two seperate systems. my cars key can be programmed to your central locking to unlock your doors! however, my key would not have been coded to the immobiliser.

Start with your spare key, that key might start the car! if it doesnt, then you need to consider the further worries!

Hey PRO is GREAT GREAT news finaly :) :) i went to the service and took my friend witch has the computer and the OBD reader and came to my car made a scan witch came with ::: o my god 15 errors,i didnt even bother to see them so we just deleted them and now car is going like acharm,my friend advice was this...maby this i cosed becouse when we unpluged the baterry we kept it much time unpluged more than 2 hours so basicly the ECU programing was deleted so maby this coused so many malfunctions so maby i should go to FORD for a ECU reprograming.What you think?I think all this mess i sFIXED,definetly going to byi that OBDII reader ELm you posted on you tutorial but now shure witch should i go the blootuth or the cable one.CHEARS all thanks :))

wase16ll
good to hear you got it going, but think your forgetting something went wrong to make it go into limp in the first place.
a lot of those codes could have been set after the initial fault, for future reference, you should always make a note of any codes before deleting as they all help to pin a problem if it reoccurs.

ecu wont have been deleted, only its memory, which it will relearn on its own whilst your driving..dont be suprised if you get a few minor glitches whilst driving in next few days, this is normal and will smooth out over time.

you might need to think about original problem, something caused it to go wrong to begin with, small possibility of it being a one off, but to me, this is screaming a major power failure somewhere. i would keep a regular check for fault codes till your confident nothing is happening
jeebowhite

Glad the car is started, but if I was you, I would keep your friends number on speed dial, as you may need him again.

andysvision

Glad the car is started, but if I was you, I would keep your friends number on speed dial, as you may need him again.

hii all has been a week now that my internet was doen glad its back.heres the Update so far:

5 days car worked but i wasnt very glad with the power it had power loss,yesterday had Limp Mode again,i returned to my home and just turned off and restarted the car,it restarted so thats a relief.but i need to know what is cousing so many errors on board maby a ECU failure?or maby i have to make a full reprograming of ECU to FORD?what are the most common problems that cause LIMP MODE offten?thanks

wase16ll
far too many reasons to list.
codes will need reading again, but this time make a note of all of them before clearing..
when they have been cleared, run the engine for a while then check codes again..if no codes reappear, then take for drive and then check again.
jeebowhite

Agreed. You should never clear a code without making a note of it EVER! :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615