Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Fiesta Mk7.5 Zs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Modifications and Projects > Ford Project and Build Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Nathan54771
Took delivery of my fiesta zetec s ecoboost last weekend and loved every minute of it, so after getting used to it I decided to start the "personalisation/modding" after finding the time not driving the car.

I started with changing the steering wheel trim with one I had sprayed
Then I put a dmb overlay on
I fitted an aluminium footrest
I then wired up my own blue ambient led light over the glovebox
De-tangoed
Cree sidelights
Xenon dipped beam
Lockwood "s" door sills

Nathan54771
Also now fitted
Wind deflectors
Front/rear and wheel centre overlays
Nathan54771
Cree sidelights look awesome when dark, fill the headlight nicely.
b4zz

looking good and glad you like it

Nathan54771
Thanks b4zz
Nathan54771
Led light at night
Nathan54771
Now decided to paint my calipers, wasn't sure about doing this but happy with the result in the end.

Also added the Zetec S badge and cree reverse lights
DanGersFord
Very nice I love the candy blue colour
Nathan54771
Cheers man, wasn't sure when I was choosing the colour, but glad I made the choice now, looks awesome in the sun.
DanGersFord
Ive got to be honest when I heard the name before actually seeing the colour I thought that sounds crap lol I was planning on getting the new focus st but I got knocked back for finance because ive never had a car on finance before so the dealerships told me to try a cheaper car so im considering a candy blue zetec s :) the only thing that puts me off the fiesta is you cant get it with xenon headlights not even the st model ;(
Nathan54771
Hahaa I know yeh it sounds girly, but it looks good In the flesh so all that matters I guess :) and damn that's a bummer :/ bet you was gutted. Yeh you should do you'll be happy with it anyways, I've not looked back anyways. Yehh I hate the yellow bulbs, got cree sidelights and trying to match the dipped beam but struggling, so it might be a hid kit. But a good philips (had on old car) one this time seen as my last one flickered (cheap shit).
DanGersFord
Try philips diamond vision or osram hyper blue bulbs mate theyre as close to icy blue as you can get without fitting HIDs. What type of headlights did you get with yours? Ie halogen projectors with hologen drls, halogen projectors with led drls or just standard twin chamber halogen reflectors?
Nathan54771
Might give the osram hyper blue a try, they worth the price tag though ? You get the halogen projectors with halogen drl's with the zetec s, no choice unfortunately. heard you can fit the led spec from the titanium but it costs £400 for the lamps and then a ford programming fee.
DanGersFord
Ive got the philips fitted to my mk6 and they're great colour wise but because of the thicker blue coating.the light output isnt quite as good. Ive got aftermarket headlights fitted which never gave out great light anyway so the light output of mine isnt great but fitted to proper manufacturers style headlights they should be fairly decent. Not as good as HIDs but atleast if you get pulled for them you'll probably only be asked to change the bulbs whereas if you get caught with HIDs you risk invalidating your insurance and your warranty. Ive got the philips ones because they match my angel eye rings lol
DanGersFord
By the way im sure you can get the led drls on the zetec s ill have a look when I get in ive got a brochure lol im not sure how much itll cost to retrofit them right enough
Nathan54771
Might have a look and give one of them a go then, can't be bothered messing with HID's again if I'm honest. il have a think Hahaa and possibly just didn't think you could, was never given the option and never seen one with them. It's titanium spec but might be an option I don't know.
Nathan54771
The lamps are £198 each to retrofit and then apparently need programming. I want them :(
DanGersFord
I dont see why they'd need programming? Surely it should be a straight swap for the halogen drls? Unless its something to do with them having to dim when you indicate and at night :S I just checked there you're right enough you can only get them on the titanium and titanium x models which is a bit crap. You think theyd atleast make them an optional extra on atleast the zetec s considering they come as standard on the tit. models
Nathan54771
I know I thought that but apparently so, heard a rumour that the plugs are different too but find that unlikely. Well the zs drl go off when sidelights/dipped are on, however the titanium led stay on with the sidelight/dipped I think, so must be programmed into the ecu ? I know tell me about it, I was gutted as I wanted them on the zs. But seems to much hard expensive work to retrofit :(
DanGersFord
I believe the LEDs act as the side lights, at night time they just go dimmer so they cause glare to oncoming drivers
DanGersFord
I might just go for the titanium then fit the zs front honeycomb grills-not a big fan of the chrome grills lol although it does actually look alright on the candyblue version
Nathan54771
Ahhh that'd make sense, yeh you could do that's what I was gonna do, but it's not a zs then :) Hahaa
DanGersFord
Lol at least you get all the fancy extras then though!
Nathan54771
Not done anything for a while seen as it's all been weather permitting :( so thought id fit some cree h11 fog lights that I've been meanin to fit.

I think the difference between standard halogen and the cree led is much better

The finished upgrade, which I'm happy with :)

Nathan54771
Thought I'd add my FOC stickers, happy with them :)
Willy

I might just go for the titanium then fit the zs front honeycomb grills-not a big fan of the chrome grills lol although it does actually look alright on the candyblue version

That's the way to go Dan :)

MrKnoe

out of interest how easy are the fogs to change I've not had a look as most cars are a bumper off job.

Nathan54771
If you take the headlights out there easy to reach down from above and turn the bulb holder and then pull straight out :)

The n/s one is a little bit more difficult with the screen wash tank getting slightly in the way, but was still easy enough.
MrKnoe
Awesome going to order done crees after Xmas
Nathan54771
You won't regret it :) there awesome, I got these ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290975060603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
MrKnoe
From Hong Kong how long did they take to arrive?
Nathan54771
Just under two weeks
Willy
All you need now is some fog to test them out :p
Nathan54771
Hahaa indeed, hoping there's a bad snow/fog storm brewing
Willy

Hahaa indeed, hoping there's a bad snow/fog storm brewing

I thought about doing mine but wasn't worth the cost considering they get used maybe once a year.
Nathan54771
Yehh I thought the same, but for £10 for a set of cree's I thought I might aswell so they match my xenon/led combination :$
Nathan54771
K&N Air filter now fitted once arrived kindly from willy :)

Also put my new reg plates on seen as they arrived too :D quite happy with my aluminium plates.

b4zz

looking good

bholm

That is one awesome car, Nathan.

The Candy Blue does sound girly, like you said earlier, but the fact is that it just looks great.

Looking forward to an update on the K&N panel filter, both sound and performance wise, please!

Nathan54771
Thanks appreciate it :)

An honest opinion of the k&n filter is in my opioid it improves the sound marginally and seems to possibly reduce turbo lag due to better intake but very minimal. Probli burns more fuel but we'll see on the long run. All down to personal preference, you'd neither miss it or regret buiying one, just a small addition to know you've got one and might slightly improve it
bholm

That's also what I've heard other people say about the K&N panel filter.

I think it's a cool little mod to do, even though the gains might just be the placebo effect  :)

Nathan54771
Yehh that's all it is tbh :) just a small mod to slightly improve maybe, all good fun and part of the enjoyment I guess.
tomroscoe

Nathan - I fancy replacing the pathetic sidelights with Cree LEDs (which model of LED?), but how on earth do I get the original sidelight bulbs out of the reflector?  They wobble about but are they bayonetted or simply pushed into the bulb holder inside the reflector?

Also, is there any way of making that useless boot light any better?  I replaced the feeble bulb with a cheepie LED with no discernable difference, so I wondered if a strip of LEDs soldered into the bulb holder might be the answer.

Nathan54771
I went for these cree sidelights :) match my xenon and fogs perfect at 6000k, there simply just push fitted into the holder mate :) pull the holder out of the headlight from under the bonnet and pull the bulb out.

The boot light is my next project, I have got a strip of 30 white smd/led, you can then simply run the two wires neatly going into the holder or before the holder which will be soldered to the existing light wires and then it should work :)
Nathan54771
Sorry Hahaa
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=291033466418
marcm11
Where did you wire the glove box led strip to mate? Have you got a link for it as well?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Nathan54771
Here use this guide mate it shows you pictures and you can connect to the ambient light plug.
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11992-the-ambient-lighting-installation-guide/page-4

Here's the led strip I used :) not the exact seller couldn't find it on my history, but same product to show you
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=201017179357
dennis089

Hello,

I hope someone can give me an answer on this question.

I have a ford fiesta Mk7 from 2012. I've bought it from the dealer and it doesnt have fog lights installed.

Is it possible to put fog lights in there as the bumper looks different from models with fabric build fog lights.

example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Ford_Fiesta_2008_front_20081206.jpg

As you see, its not round like the build in fog light bumpers.

Edit; stupid question really no? when you look to it. its obvious that a round bulb wouldnt fit in there haha.

Nathan54771
As you said you wouldn't get a round fog light unit there unless you chopped a circle and fabricated the bumper to fit one.

To be honest you'd be better off buying the Zetec s front end bumper and fog units if you wanted to do that, but then you'd also need a new switch from a higher model for inside the car and then you'd have to wire them up to the switch.
dennis089

found this,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47279-fog-light-help/

thats a possibility to look into. not as nice as the standard fog lights tho unfortunately. I'm guessing such bumpers dont come cheap.

Full Colour Version: My Fiesta Mk7.5 Zs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615