Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clear liquid leak under engine
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
muza
Hey!

I noticed this morning my Focus has started leaking something from the engine area...

It doesnt look like oil - its a clear liquid substance, any ideas?

cheers!

Muza
Liongolfer
You had your air-con on? If so likely to be that.
summerka
sounds like air con
Big Bob
Perhaps some clarification on these replies, air con can cause condensation to form and drip from under the car.
If this is what you have it is not necessarily a fault, I believe it depends on humidity levels or something.
mc_flame
Exactly what I thought when I thought when I first saw it. It was the aircon as it takes moisture from inside the car and has to get rid of it somehow!
squaddiefox
[quote name='mc_flame' post='18930' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:46 AM']Exactly what I thought when I thought when I first saw it. It was the aircon as it takes moisture from inside the car and has to get rid of it somehow![/quote]

its not moisture from inside the car, its the heat from the engine hitting the cool pipes from the air con causing condensation which then drips onto the floor.

if you dont have air-con it will either be windscreen washer fluid or coolant....
rsford
rain water? or did you just wash the car lol. hi

Full Colour Version: clear liquid leak under engine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.