Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High level brake light bulb replacement
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
Gareth1
The warning on the dash display came on today and sure enough the high level brake bulb isn't illuminated.

Page 70 of the driver's manual attempts to give instructions on removing trim to get to the bulb, but I just can't work it out from the instructions or pictures.

Any help please?
sobaka
[quote name='Gareth1' post='18818' date='Apr 7 2009, 08:45 PM']The warning on the dash display came on today and sure enough the high level brake bulb isn't illuminated.

Page 70 of the driver's manual attempts to give instructions on removing trim to get to the bulb, but I just can't work it out from the instructions or pictures.

Any help please?[/quote]

Hi Gareth,
it is pretty straight forward, I have see one being changed. You just need to remove the the trim pushing it towards the window inside the open tail door, then use small flat screwdriver to release two plastic clips one each side it is not evident and clips break easily.

HTH
Gareth1
[quote name='sobaka' post='18957' date='Apr 8 2009, 10:59 AM']Hi Gareth,
it is pretty straight forward, I have see one being changed. You just need to remove the the trim pushing it towards the window inside the open tail door, then use small flat screwdriver to release two plastic clips one each side it is not evident and clips break easily.

HTH[/quote]

Thanks - in the end I chickened out and took it to the local dealer, and watched them struggle with trim, fiddly clips and taking the bulb housing off from the outside too. Guess it's easier when it's not your car - you're probably less wary of snapping a piece of plastic trim. What's wrong with a couple of screws holding the part in place? Anway, fair play to the garage; their service manager came out, swapped the bulb for me and only charged me the 1.60 for the bulb.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.