Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Immobiliser
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
cptan

Hi all,

I made a set of keys without the immobiliser chip programmed and I had inserted this key into my engine ignition.

Now when I inserted my 2 sets of keys which I know worked, I couldn't start the engine. I suspect this has something to do with the immobiliser. 

I thought an non-programmed key will only fail to start the engine but seems like it messes up with the whole security system and the old key wouldn't start now. Please let me know what I can do or who should I call to get it sorted.

Thanks very much in advance.

Ford Focus 2005

alexp999

Have you tried using the original key to lock and unlock the car? Use the remote if you have one.

Found out at the weekend from our neighbour (who is a mechanic) that's the easiest way to reset the immobiliser.

hubby1959

Just keep trying the other 2 working keys, eventually it will reset itself and let you start it

cptan

Thanks  alexp999, Thanks hubby1959. Will try all of the advice.

So hubby1959 would you be able to estimate how long before it will reset itself?

Cheers

cptan

Hi all,

I made a set of keys without the immobiliser chip programmed and I had inserted this key into my engine ignition.

Now when I inserted my 2 sets of keys which I know worked, I couldn't start the engine. I suspect this has something to do with the immobiliser. 

I thought an non-programmed key will only fail to start the engine but seems like it messes up with the whole security system and the old key wouldn't start now. Please let me know what I can do or who should I call to get it sorted.

ALSO, I have found procedure of resetting the SecuriLock of the Ford simply by turning from off to run 8 times and then pressing the remote, does anyone knows if this works as well?

Thanks very much in advance.

cptan

Thanks everybody who contributed.

I left the car alone for 6 hours, went back to tried the lock unlock and kept turning the ignition with the keys that work. Now, I managed to start the engine and drive.

Cheers.

Full Colour Version: Help With Immobiliser
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615