Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Fusion - How Much To Get A Spare Key And Fob Please?.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Diesel Fusion

What would be the cheapest way to get a spare key and fob plus programming it for a 2007 Ford Fusion please?.

There is only one key available for the vehicle but I don't wamt to be spending hundreds of pounds for a second key.

Anywhere in the North Manchester / East Lancashire area preferably.

Thank You

Stoney871
Definitely don't go to Ford then, they'll charge you £250 +.
Is the key you already have the remote locking one or the one without buttons?

Your best option is to buy a new complete key off eBay and then find a local Auto Locksmith to cut and programme it for you.
I recommend you ring a few for quotes then go from there.
You'll be looking at nearer £100 all in.
Diesel Fusion

Thanks for the reply.

That  price from Ford sounds ridiculous to me.

Stoney871
You have to take into consideration that Ford dealers will insist on a diagnostic before doing anything else, about 3 hours labour, supplying the key and then promptly calling out an Auto Locksmith to do the work (most likely the exact same one you'd call on yourself).
Cut out the middle man and save yourself a fair wad of cash.
hubby1959

What style of key are you looking for,

Is it just a simple transponder key without the remote central locking, the three button remote style, or a flip style key

jeebowhite

You could get two seperate parts if you wanted them, i.e. a standard key with no remote (pick them up dirt cheap!) then you could pick up a transponder key fob (relatively dirt cheap) and get the two that way, otherwise you would need to buy the appropriate key.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.