Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen Fiesta Lm59Wpp... North London
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Mr atif
Hey everyone I'm new to this.... Sorry if this is in the wrong section...

My dad advertised his firsta for sale on auto trader... A guy turned phone up yesterday to view the car... After a bit if messing about he met him at the local overground station(Edmonton green) as he said he was coming from Bromley (which is a lie)... My dad picked him up went for a drive while my dad was driving... Pulled up on the A10 near Lincoln road into a side road... They were talking about the car then the guy said gimme the key, my dad confused said what?.. He opened his jacket up showing a knife and repeated gimme the key... My dad gave it to him (my dad being 60+ knew what the consequences could be) the guy was gone in seconds... The guy was a middle aged Asian, looked genuine, my dad had no bad feelings about anything... Having sold loads of cars over the years thought the guy was genuine... Its a blue fiesta 5 door.. Probably gone now..
DAN222

Theres so many tossers around! 

Sorry to hear this. 

I will take note of the reg, and be keeping a close eye. 

mongman

Damn dude! Glad your Dad's alright and no harm came to him! What a douche bag the other guy is!

Stoney871
Are City and Met aware?
There is an extensive ANPR system around London and every route out of the city.
They would at least be able to know if the car left the area unless replated.
Mr atif
Thanks people... Yeah police are aware.. Hopefully catch the bastard...
Incontro

They would at least be able to know if the car left the area unless replated.

Probably is, sadly.

Doesn't really sound like an opportunistic crime, more like an organized gang/car thief ring. They must have seen the ad, maybe if the OP's dad mentioned elderly/pensioner owner in the advert, it may have been targeted. Probably in a chop shop somewhere, being stripped for parts.

Anyway, no point risking one's life/wellbeing over something like this, sorry to hear this OP.

jeebowhite

Agree, sorry to hear this, better safe than sorry, and to lose a car, and gain an insurance claim, rather than to lose a life!

Sadly, this is what life is these days...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.