Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Adventures Of A Small Black ...er... Van!!!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Modifications and Projects > Ford Project and Build Threads
B13

Here is my recently-bought project:

One Mk7 Fiesta Sport van. Yes, I bought a van. Why? Coz it's the closest thing I'll ever have to a two seater sports car!!

:D

(The massive boot is handy for lugging gear and/or dogs and/or drunken mates/clients from the pub around in...)

It's going to be my 'project' for the next year or so, so I'll be popping in here for advice as I go along.

So far I have done the following:

º Replaced the tyres for some low noise, low profile ones
º Got the mesh half bulkhead fitted (handy for hanging stuff off!!)

º Getting the bloomin' [i]awful[/i] speakers replaced 

Next on the list is:

º Get the alloys refurbished (they are scuffed to hell)
º Get the paintwork done where it's chipped or scratched
º Install heavy-duty sound dampening rubber mats to the load bay 
º Sort out the rusted brake calipers

Which is where I need to ask a question:

Is it better/cheaper/easier to get brake calipers replaced or refurbished? The ones on the car at the mo are so rusted and unsightly, but to keep costs at a sensible level - it is a van, after all - what option would you folks advise?

I want this van to look it's very best seeing as I will be using it for work, so any other 'smartening up' suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

Gary Minty Jupe

paint the calipers yourself mate will come up looking good did mine silver 

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615