Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.6 Tdci -2007 - Dpf Removed And Remapped!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pages: 1, 2
dreadz

well had my focus mk2 at the tuners on monday. Had dpf removed -cut hole into container and removed all insides and welded back up, then had new fuel filter fitted(previous p0087 fault)then had EGR turned off via mapping and then had remap to 139bhp. They even fixed a pipe that was blowing off under pressure towards airflow meter?

All i can say is wow. no turbo lag at all in 1 or 2 then after that it flies through the gears. car is a lot smoother to drive and the sound of turbo is much nicer!!

will let you know how it gets on over next few weeks.

after having 2 turbos, injector seals recut and seated twice- hopefully should be no further problems.

paid £470 but £50 was fuel filter and fitting -so £420 for physcial removal, and remap :p

More-bhp.com - friendly lads who know what they are talking about!!

jeebowhite

sounding good, especially when you got the EGR removal as well - its not often they do that as well!

Did they remove the EGR valve unit itself? if not, if you remove this yourself, you can save yourself so much weight (replacing with two blanking plates! and shebam, your car will go like something off a shovel.

dreadz

goes like sh$t off shovel now :p they just turned off in software..i have got a blanking plate too fit- but they said not needed!might just fit it anyways when i get 10-15mins

dreadz

they did have few problems..when flashing over files-some fords can lose their ID -so they had to reflash that back over but besides that went fairly well.

exponential
I will be having the exaxt same thing done in the next few months so am intrigued as to how it goes long term! Sounds great for you up to now though! :)

Is it REALLY noticable going from a standard setup?
dreadz

seriously it is very noticeable!

there used to be slight lag in 1st and 2nd gear- thats gone completely!

it goes up through the gears really quickly now

am hoping that there are no other lights to do with dpf come on in future...will let you all know if any further problems

exponential
Thats excellent!

Can't wait to get it done now! :)

I hope your MPG increases too even with the extra horsepower...

Looking forward to your updates.....
exponential
Interested in any updates dreadz a week after DPF removal...

Anything to report??
dreadz

all good so far! fuel economy doesnt seem any different..still good

Car is so much better to drive, very quick and overtaking is now a breeze. doesnt smoke at all which i thought would happen.

Have noticed that car takes longer to warm up -that is due to having the EGR deleted from software- this is common side effect.

Now going to keep on top with oil changes- every 6 thousand i think with fully synthetic- no longer need that low ash shite!

So all good in my eyes

exponential

all good so far! fuel economy doesnt seem any different..still good Car is so much better to drive, very quick and overtaking is now a breeze. doesnt smoke at all which i thought would happen. Have noticed that car takes longer to warm up -that is due to having the EGR deleted from software- this is common side effect. Now going to keep on top with oil changes- every 6 thousand i think with fully synthetic- no longer need that low ash !Removed!! So all good in my eyes

Thats great to hear!! I'm so jealous mate! :D

Just waiting for my funds to increase then i'm getting the same done.

My management light keeps coming on (DPF related). I keep clearing the code but the interval between me clearing it and it returning is getting shorter and shorter by the day so I hope I can get it done before it completely clogs and puts me into limp mode!!

I'm gonna fit a 2.5" stainless steel exhaust too just to free up some more power but dont know where to start with that! LOL
dreadz

dont change the dpf/cat pipe though...make sure you get it gutted and not a new pipe fitted. that way you will no MOT issues :p

Lenny

dont change the dpf/cat pipe though...make sure you get it gutted and not a new pipe fitted. that way you will no MOT issues :p

+1
Lenny

Thats great to hear!! I'm so jealous mate! :D
Just waiting for my funds to increase then i'm getting the same done.
My management light keeps coming on (DPF related). I keep clearing the code but the interval between me clearing it and it returning is getting shorter and shorter by the day so I hope I can get it done before it completely clogs and puts me into limp mode!!
I'm gonna fit a 2.5" stainless steel exhaust too just to free up some more power but dont know where to start with that! LOL

Your dpf chamber is already 2.5" on inlet and exit,
The connected flexi down pipe is also 2.5"
So you just need from flexi to tip 2.5" pipe
You going duplex or single exit ?
exponential

Yeah, deffo going to have it gutted and put back in! :)
exponential

Your dpf chamber is already 2.5" on inlet and exit,The connected flexi down pipe is also 2.5"So you just need from flexi to tip 2.5" pipeYou going duplex or single exit ?

Oh right, so straightforward then.

Think i'm gonna stick with single Len. Just need to find a decent fitter in manchester if anyone has any suggestions for future reference....
exponential
Is it classed as a "full" exhaust or "part" that I need fitting?
Lenny

Is it classed as a "full" exhaust or "part" that I need fitting?

Would be classed as a full cat back mate,
Piper are good if going stainless
exponential

Would be classed as a full cat back mate,Piper are good if going stainless

My experience in the modding scene shines through dont ya think! LOL

So "cat-back" just means from the cat to the back of the car?

Want to go stainless steel yeah pal...
Lenny

My experience in the modding scene shines through dont ya think! LOL
So "cat-back" just means from the cat to the back of the car?
Want to go stainless steel yeah pal...

Yes cat back is cat to tip,

They call the focus diesel exhaust upgrade a cat back too,
But its not,
It goes from the flexi down pipe to the tip,

All you need is some 2.5" pipe manderal bent to shape,
And a 2.5" inlet/outlet diesel silencer

Your existing exhaust mounts are fine,

Choosing stainless or steel is up to yourself mate,
No performance difference in either,
Just if your keeping the car for more than five years I'd go stainless,
If not then steel is fine,
dreadz

Danmar Performance Exhaust Ltd

in Wigan, very good service for exhaust building! -the do everything in house and wont disappoint!

exponential

Yes cat back is cat to tip,They call the focus diesel exhaust upgrade a cat back too,But its not,It goes from the flexi down pipe to the tip,All you need is some 2.5" pipe manderal bent to shape,And a 2.5" inlet/outlet diesel silencerYour existing exhaust mounts are fine,Choosing stainless or steel is up to yourself mate,No performance difference in either,Just if your keeping the car for more than five years I'd go stainless,If not then steel is fine,

Thanks for the much valued info lenny! Appreciate it very much! :)

Went to demon tweeks online to get an idea of price and they were asking over £400! For stainless cat-back.
That cant be right can it??

Seems extremely expensive to me!

Any ideas on what I should be paying??
exponential

Danmar Performance Exhaust Ltd in Wigan, very good service for exhaust building! -the do everything in house and wont disappoint!

Thanks pal. Will look them up. :)
Lenny

Thanks for the much valued info lenny! Appreciate it very much! :)
Went to demon tweeks online to get an idea of price and they were asking over £400! For stainless cat-back.
That cant be right can it??
Seems extremely expensive to me!
Any ideas on what I should be paying??

Sounds about rite for stainless mate,
I paid 490 for me duplex,

But go to the guys who build them,
Like the one Ade linked you to,
They will make you a system that's just as good for under 350,
Demon tweaks are an expensive outfit mate,
The local guys do better because they rely on local business
dreadz

quick update- still going strong..noticed mpg on the up now - no issues at all yet!

exponential
Oh yes!! Thats what I like to hear!! :)

Cant wait to get it done now...... saving up as we speak! Hehehe.
dreadz

gave it a good booting yesterday...overtaking is a joy!

3rd and 4th gear are brilliant for planting and letting torque do all the work!

Lenny

gave it a good booting yesterday...overtaking is a joy!
3rd and 4th gear are brilliant for planting and letting torque do all the work!

Take care of your clutch mate,
There more/less at there limit as standard,
Upgrades are available for under 400 pounds
dreadz

8-9 months on and still going strong!

no issues at all- gettin 57+mpg at 70-75 on motorway runs now- mpg improved a lot since the weather has warmed too? for what reason i have no idea

jeebowhite

Diesels like cold weather, but it has to be the right kinda cold.

If its icey (icy?) then it knocks MPG off, but warm weather is generally better. The engine helps to warm up quicker, the air temperature difference is less and so it makes the engines job of needing to recycle the exhaust gas less likely, which knocks MPG up more.

If you havent already, blanking the EGR will be a good compliment to this, and will offer you that upper MPG more often!

dreadz

yep already got egr delete in the remap and also the egr been blanked at source too :p

exponential
Hi guys.

Finally had my car mapped after DPF removal and all I can say is WOW!
Engine runs sweet as a nut and the torque (especially in 3rd & 4th) is fantastic!
Before DPF removal I was getting around 42 MPG and that was with driving like a granny but now....58 - 59 MPG without even trying!
Not only do I have more overtaking power when needed but I've extended my range by 70 - 80 miles and thats with a mix of town and short motorway runs (with a few heavy right foot journeys) so can't imagine how much it would increase if I did more motorway miles!!
I am over the moon with it and the best part....

NO EML!! :-)
Lenny

Hi guys.
Finally had my car mapped after DPF removal and all I can say is WOW!
Engine runs sweet as a nut and the torque (especially in 3rd & 4th) is fantastic!
Before DPF removal I was getting around 42 MPG and that was with driving like a granny but now....58 - 59 MPG without even trying!
Not only do I have more overtaking power when needed but I've extended my range by 70 - 80 miles and thats with a mix of town and short motorway runs (with a few heavy right foot journeys) so can't imagine how much it would increase if I did more motorway miles!!
I am over the moon with it and the best part....
NO EML!! :-)

68mpg is now possible mate,
jeebowhite

Result, it will be interesting to see if you have any issues come MOT time though.

exponential

68mpg is now possible mate,

68MPG??? Really?? It does seem to be creeping up every day too.....hmmmm

I'm more than happy with close to 60 but if I can push it to that then I'll be amazed! :-)
exponential

Result, it will be interesting to see if you have any issues come MOT time though.

MOT is due in a month so we'll see. My mate is an MOT tester but I will ask if it would've passed regardless off no DPF.
I will certainly post back with the results....
Kye

Hello all.

A bit confused with all this now. Isn't it now illegal to remove the DPF? Or if the job is good enough, the fun police remain none the wiser?

Lenny

Hello all.

A bit confused with all this now. Isn't it now illegal to remove the DPF? Or if the job is good enough, the fun police remain none the wiser?

i cant see how they will sucessfully police it especially with second hand car ownership,
Which owner got the dpf removed,
Im sure jeremy kyle would love that case on his show :lol:
And shop around, the guys gutting the chamber cut the factory welds and refit the chamber its impossible to tell,
Lenny
Can ya imagine Jeremy kyle show dpf style, :lol:

Husband buys wife a car from ebay auction
Cars in the wife's name,
While wife is at work,
Husband takes car for egr blanking and dpf internal removal but tells wife he's gone to get it valeted

Across the following weeks Wife notices increased mpg, less turbo lag and increased engine response which helps feed husbands gambling addiction due to spending less on fuel and blown turbos,

Has he gotten the dpf removed? Or has the previous owner whom sold it on ebay?
Lets take a lye detector test to find out shall we... Because the MOT Crew cant tell the difference when testing the car :lol:

Jeremy_Kyle_1125812c_zpsyont1dhg.jpg
bry0586

im trying to fit something into his catch phrase of " PUT SOMETHING ON THE END OF IT" car related but i cant :(

jeebowhite

Keep it out of there in the first place!

bry0586

tomorrow im having my dpf internals removed and a power map, cant wait for the drive home :D and following weeking having my egr blanked, woooooo :D

jeebowhite

between the two of those it will feel like a different car!

bry0586
Its all been done. Feels soooo much different now. No lag,no hesitation and cool turbo whistle haha. Also had egr delete mapped in.wont need it blanked now . Really has transformed frigga :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app
jeebowhite

although its been mapped, still put a blanking plate on it. It just ensures that nothing gathers in the EGR chamber...

bry0586
Ooo ok. Well its been dispatched so might aswell eh lol

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app
jeebowhite

lol exactly.

Although its been mapped to remove from control as its mechanical something could still slip up and lock it open, so if you cover it then it doesnt matter if it does :p

jg321
How much extra was your insurance with the remap?
dreadz

well MOT time today and sailed straight through no problems what so ever- was dreading it due to dpf removal. and emissions were excellent according to Tester!! happy happy happy

jeebowhite

excellent, so it passed the visual check? was it just a hollowed our or was the filter gutted?

dreadz

just cut open and insides removed then welded back up. i also had no undertray cover fitted-so the tester could se it more openly...very risky move but no concerns from him. only had removed as it makes it easier when changing oil/filter.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.