Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Problem With My 98 Ford Mondeo Ghia X Estate
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
madman23

Hi im new to this. im just after a bit of advise as i have just got a 1998 ford mondeo estate. drove it home last night and was fine. started driving it today and noticed that the temperature gauge was going up to the letter A then cools down a bit then goes back up. Just need adise on what it could be. I'm hoping its nothing major :( 

jeebowhite
Could be q duff thermostat or blocked pipe, are the hoses and pipes equally hot in the engine bay...
btmaldon

Also change the expansion tank cap, its probably not holding the pressure.

stooge75

sounds to me like a possible air-lock. might be worth seeing if it is,before buying a new thermostat & cap. 

jeebowhite

go with Bruce on this one, the cap is the cheapest fix, and one I should have remembered, a new cap is a few quid, a thermo and housing isnt!

madman23

the pipes are warm and even. drove it last night and started to get quiet warm in traffic as soon as i started driving and kept the revs below 2000rpm it started to cool right down to almost cold. as soon as i go above 2000rpm it starts getting warm again. im just hoping its not hg. thank u for the replies

stooge75

have you not found the problem yet?

madman23
No still have not found the problem.
mintalkin

its showing the classic signs of a duff thermostat.

stooge75

yep-either stat or air-lock. Id  replace the stat anyway if it was mines

madman23

ok ill get it changed asap..

I have another question but don't know where to post it lol

jeebowhite

Post it to the appropriate forum :p

so if its a mondeo question, post it in the mondeo section, if its a general question not specifically to the mondeo, the general Ford, or if its naff all to do with cars, the general chat :p

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.