Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Do I Wire In After Market Day Lights? Mk4
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
hoggychops

I have just bought a 2010 Mk4 mondeo TDCI, and have got some LED day running lights to fit behind the grill. I'v got a couple of relays, one normaly on, the other normaly off, that I intend to conect up to turn on the lights when the car is started, but will turn off when the head lights are turned on. I just have no idea where to wire in the lights so that the relay comes on and off with the ignition. Can anyone give me some pointers?

jeebowhite

There are a few posts over this forum detailing how to install DRL's, if you do a quick search for DRL or Daytime Running Lights with the search facility, you will find a lot of information.

hoggychops

Thanks for that. I have been looking through the topics but have not yet found one that tells me where to get the live feed from that only comes on and off with the ignition. I have put a tester over the fuses in the engine fuse box but just seem to get confusing readings, with either low voltage when everything is off, or full voltage, or nothing when off or ignition is on.

I would have normaly looked at the power to the cigerete lighter, but it stays on after the car is stoped. Is the wiring in the Mondeo the same as any of the other models that might have a discussion with the answer for me?

jeebowhite

With regards the live, I took the engine sensor fuse, and piggy blacked it, then wired the live into there. So have a look at the auxiliary fuse box, find the engine sensors, and tap it :)

stooge75

outta curiosity,what ya need lights on for,durin the day ?

jeebowhite
Its the safety feature I guess, I like it though, I prefer having some form of front facing lights all the time so its a good concept and a worthwhile addition imho

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.