Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Bikers?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Sweeney367
Dragged the bike out of the shed for a blast down the A roads today before she's put away for winter..

Just wondering if there's any other bikers on here?
Stoney871
Used to have a VFR750 RC30 rep a few years back.
Cracking bike.
Broke my back a few years ago so had to knock it on the head :(
FOCA

I had a lot of bikes - started off with 2-strokes progressd through RDs, LCs etc mostly cheap old bangers,(scores of Hondas & Yamahas that i "did up") rescued one as a basket case for £100 and actually built it into a running bike - it was like a jigsaw puzzle without a picture - had a jam-jar of bits left over - no idea what those bits did!) bought progressively more powerful/ faster bikes, untill i was going very fast to feel the same sensation of speed as before, (on track- obviously!) - often find it amusing that some people think they are going fast in their heavy, underpowered cars 

A mate had a car pull out in front of him - he spent a lot of time in hospital and then in frames/ crutches etc and years later he is still not right - i was lucky and quit when i was ahead  

Can cost as much to run/ insure a sports/ tourer bike as a hot hatch or similar

Learnt to build engines in the shed, started tuning bikes for me & my mates, 2-strokes, then 4-strokes etc  eventually mushroomed into building racing engines, which progressed onto 4 wheels prepping/ tuning and eventually as a race engineer in a a single seater formula

Its been a long time since i was last on a bike and if i see one on the road i often feel the rider looks exposed/ fragile especially if they don't use their speed/ power to keep them out of trouble or allow cars to get too close, etc

Starting on bikes certainly helped develop a healthy/ desirable mistrust/ paranoia of other road users and why i feel i need power/ acceleration to keep me out of trouble and thats probably why ive not had an accident in 8 years (touch wood)    

Aldoo
I started riding track when I was about 12 - stopped at about 16 though
but this summer I passed my road test and will be getting a bike next year - probably a SV650 - but a silly/cool side of me kind of wants a triumph thruxton!! haha
mount66

Yep, another biker here. Only passed my test in 2009, so wife reckons it was my midlife crisis.

I currently ride a Suzuki GSFX 650 on a 11 plate from new, prior to that it had an '07 GSF650

Sweeney367
Sweet (: I'm only 19 and even with direct access I'm restricted to 47bhp for 2 years..
So I figured if I can't go fast, I'll look cool as fook (;

This is my 1990 535 Yamaha!
71ae368cfac161dc7aa304014be8e295.jpg

Straight through slash back pipes.. She's an absolute beast to ride, always turning heads! And setting he off car alarm off (;
IMG_4578.jpg

Any pics of your bikes?
mount66
I'll try uploading one when I get home.
mount66
These new bike license are a real downer for new riders these days, but it does make sense if it's saving lives. Back in the day it only consisted of a spin around the block, both clockwise and anticlockwise, couple of questions and passed, allowing you to get your butt on anything that you desired.
Sweeney367

These new bike license are a real downer for new riders these days, but it does make sense if it's saving lives. Back in the day it only consisted of a spin around the block, both clockwise and anticlockwise, couple of questions and passed, allowing you to get your butt on anything that you desired.

The changes do suck, if I hadn't paid extra for direct access I'd be stuck on a 125 for 2 years!

But to be honest, 47bhp is more than powerfull enough for new riders so I can't see too many dramas.. I'd rather wait 2 years than become a statistic..
theduke

i had a bike for about 3 months got rid because everyone was trying to kill me!

Sent from my crapphone using Ford OC mobile app

mount66

My baby

btmaldon

Used to do a bit of biking. Had around 10 bikes over the years but not in the last 20 years since I was married. The Missus wont let me get one. Gutted!

Sweeney367

GSXF650.jpg

My baby

That a GSXF? one is on my short list for new bikes next year.. What are they like on long runs? I commute 120 miles twice a week so need something comfty lol
mount66

I find it a great bike, looks sporty but has the touring more upright riding position. I have to admit it is not my main mode of transport, it's basically my fun ride for the weekends when the weather is nice. I have done a few 300 mile rides and was pleasantly surprised at how I felt after getting home at the end of the day, but then everybody is different.

Full Colour Version: Any Bikers?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.