Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
covlad1987
hi just got a ford galaxy which failed its mot for 200.00

leaking rear brake caliper
2 spilt cv boots
some play in the ball joint or arm
emissions high
2 front tyres

the rear brake caliper is there a repair kit or a new pattern caliper if so is there a link
cv boots i dont mind doing i might as well change both ball joints and arms at the same time

the emissions is the problem the car had a new oxygen sensor last april,,any idea
Purdy fpv
Yes
Is a 2.3 with the auxiliary air injection pump?
If so check that the pump is running. It probably is not. If that is the case then there will be water in it, there is no repair.
It needs the auxiliary air injection pipe replaced with a modified pipe from Ford. It will then need the ECU reflashed by a ford dealer. With modified programing. Witch tells the car how to keep the emissions low without the auxiliary air injection pump operating.
covlad1987
[quote name='Purdy fpv' post='19760' date='Apr 13 2009, 06:20 PM']Yes
Is a 2.3 with the auxiliary air injection pump?
If so check that the pump is running. It probably is not. If that is the case then there will be water in it, there is no repair.
It needs the auxiliary air injection pipe replaced with a modified pipe from Ford. It will then need the ECU reflashed by a ford dealer. With modified programing. Witch tells the car how to keep the emissions low without the auxiliary air injection pump operating.[/quote]

sorry its a 2.0 on a 96 plate

think i found why the emission are high

checked the oil today and plugs and air filter looks like its not been do for a long time very black oil and the plugs caked in black crap filter looks black as well and also a hole in the back box
covlad1987
can any one tell me what this part is in the pic is

homeless
[quote name='covlad1987' post='19867' date='Apr 14 2009, 01:16 PM']can any one tell me what this part is in the pic is

[/quote]

Seconday air pump...
covlad1987
[quote name='homeless' post='19869' date='Apr 14 2009, 01:23 PM']Seconday air pump...[/quote]

cheers for that i was wondering what it was im used to the mondeo not the galaxy
Purdy fpv
[quote name='covlad1987' post='19867' date='Apr 14 2009, 01:16 PM']can any one tell me what this part is in the pic is

[/quote]
Thats the pump that im talking about, is it running?
Purdy fpv
Well done Homeless
you know your sh*t.
B)
covlad1987
[quote name='Purdy fpv' post='20007' date='Apr 14 2009, 09:01 PM']Thats the pump that im talking about, is it running?[/quote]

cheers so i just put my hand on the pump to see if its running
Purdy fpv
[quote name='covlad1987' post='20048' date='Apr 15 2009, 03:20 AM']cheers so i just put my hand on the pump to see if its running[/quote]
You should hear it as well. Like a humming nosie. If not then it is what I said before im afraid. :(

Full Colour Version: failed its mot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615