Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fault With My 06 Mondeo 2.2 Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
daved413

i was wondering if anyone could help i had a problem a few weeks ago where my car felt like it had the hiccups so after speaking they said to change my fuel filter so i done that which seemed to have worked then the fault came back so i used redex fault went again, but know im starting to think its the glow plugs due to the fact its struggling to start on a morning and very temprementle till its warmed up when i eventually get it started if i dont keep the revs up it will cut out.  so if theres anyone out there that could give me some advice it will be greatly appreciated 

Cheers

Dave

stooge75
Got any engine light flashing? Any smoke?
daved413
Just a big cloud of smoke when it first starts engine light came on once but not since
stooge75

thats a start as the code will be logged in ECU. have you got anything to read what fault code it is? (elm327 cable,f-super etc).what colour of smoke? white?

ps:dont put any more redex in it. 

jeebowhite

Could be a coked up EGR valve I suppose. We do need more advice though such as colour, does the smoke increase with the revs.

stooge75

any luck getting the eml code?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.