Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catch Up!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
BeccaaCat
Hi all!
Sorry I've not been around recently. You'll probably find that I come and go a lol :p
Just wanted to ask how are you all? How are your cars? Anyone been up to anything decent recently?
My two year old daughter has recently informed me that she wants a motorbike, and a car like daddys -_-

Managed to drag out of James what he's getting me for xnas and birthday..
Looks like my baby is having black grilles all round, rs bonnet vents, rear extended spoiler and front splitter :')
Then with whatever money I get she's having braided brake lines, yellow calipers, upgraded engine mount and a 155 upgrade (obviously this is all money dependant but I can dream for now ;) )
jamesm182

Sounds like you have some great plans for the car. You should start a build thread and pop up some pictures of the bits you have done! Has your boyfriend done much to his RS?

BeccaaCat
Thank you :)
I might do actually a bit closer to the time, not my birthday for another month yet lol :p

No he doesn't want to do much to it! He's put black alloys on it and a thunderstorm exhaust (which I was dead against, bloody thing dows my head in!) But that's it for now really!
jamesm182

Thank you :)
I might do actually a bit closer to the time, not my birthday for another month yet lol :P

No he doesn't want to do much to it! He's put black alloys on it and a thunderstorm exhaust (which I was dead against, !Removed! thing dows my head in!) But that's it for now really!

He's not been tempted to map it or put a mountune kit on it then?

BeccaaCat
Oh he's tempted hahahah he wants to boost it over 500bhp from my understanding but we are limited to 'little' mods/projects atm as we're saving for a house!
We've just bought an Audi A4 as well so he's SORNing the RS for the winter :(
Think while it's off the road he's doing a few more bits to it but nothing huge
jamesm182

Oh he's tempted hahahah he wants to boost it over 500bhp from my understanding but we are limited to 'little' mods/projects atm as we're saving for a house!
We've just bought an Audi A4 as well so he's SORNing the RS for the winter :(
Think while it's off the road he's doing a few more bits to it but nothing huge

That's a shame. The A4 will seem so dull after the RS!  :(

BeccaaCat
I know :/
It's just that the RS is so loud with that exhaust and the ride is so rough, and it guzzles petrol like no tomorrow.. not really much good for commuting!
jeebowhite

Welcome back Becca,

To be honest, we just keep busy and well between us!

salsheikh

welcome back Becca. all i will say is you are a lucky girl to have James get you all them goodies - i have to buy my own and the hide them before i install them slowly onto the car and then the wife asks i just say have you never noticed it before!

putting the RS away for winter is good, stops idiots from bumping into you when they cant drive in the snow, plus it will make james wash it more often if it was used in winter months.

BeccaaCat
Thanks!
Yea I was dead shocked when he told me! Oh he has to do that. He put a Facebook status along the lines of 'the thunder is coming' and then told me he'd bought something for his car... I immediately went 'you bought that stupid exhaust for your car didn't you?! Even after we agreed not to buy it ra ra ra...' :L

Yea exactly, using a cheapy audi will be much better, cheaper, fuel efficient and don't have to worry about breaking it lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

jeebowhite

Is there really such a thing as a "cheap audi" lol, it sounds to me like a "reliable merc" or a "cool corsa" I just thought it was something that had never been heard of or seen before?

BeccaaCat
Yes ;) although can't say I've ever heard of a 'cool corsa' before :S

It's an audi A4, worth about 6k but we got it for 4k as James works for Ford.
It has 85k miles but full Audi service history and we're pretty much going to run it into the ground anyway

jeebowhite

Sounds like a good deal there Becca. I only ask if its affordable as most of my colleagues have audi's for company cars.and the cost of them is crazy. I have seen receipts for tyres about £250 each, a simple interim service for £600... I hope its just the geography of where we are that causes the cost to be so high. (I guess that is dealership prices though!)

Thankfully they arent paid for by them and the business picks up the tab, but it is expensive.

BeccaaCat
I think we'll probably get discount as James has a lot of contacts lol (working in a garage is helpful!) But yea it will probably be quite expensive- just hoping in the long run it will be cheaper than thw RS!

Full Colour Version: Catch Up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.