Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Parking Fail Thread
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Pages: 1, 2
jamesm182
Post up any parking fails you see here!

Thought I would start this thread as I came across this amusing example last night and couldn't resist taking a photo! Genuinely can't quite believe that this person has a driving licence!

If you spot any more parking fails then post them up here so we can all have a laugh about them!! (And no, parking your own car in a silly place doesn't count! It has to be genuine!!)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Stoney871
20130602_194910.jpg
jamesm182
Nice!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Brigante
2013-10-24145005.jpg

typical audi driver thinking hatched markings are a parking space
mixmasterlooney

My contribution 

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/h5h.JPG/]h5h.JPG[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]
jeebowhite

I have a great many, should have taken some pictures the other day!

Corsa parked outside my house, left a mm gap between him and the bloke behind, then a scooter decided to come along and shove his wasp in front of the corsa! amusing, karma and yet both are idiots...

Hyrule

My contribution 

h5h.JPG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hahaha I've seen that car before ;)

gforce

These threads always give me a laugh...

Got this a while back in a 24hr Asda car park at about midnight...take your pick from this double whammy, the Audi or the Rover!

Bad parking makes my blood boil, along with singletons taking the parent bays and non-badge holders taking the disabled spaces, so must start collecting evidence again for this thread...shouldn't be too hard to find!

L666JER
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:6478]

Saw this yesterday at Hilton Park services on the way to the NEC.
They were there for at least 30 minutes, with the door opened into the road and the rear fogs on???
Think they may have had something wrong with it, but why should that stop them from parking properly?
jimrex

I could post many pics up from my office car park of a morning, I wonder if people genuinely cannot park between lines or they are just ignorant :P

Stoney871
This one is classic.
Parked on kerb, yellow lines and blocking exit into a 'home zone' from a one way road.
Also she did it in front of me and a ops support team in the middle of a section 23 (misuse of drugs) search.

20131118_164949.jpg
jeebowhite

Did she get hit in the face with a book Clive?

Stoney871
She wasn't smiling when she drove away, believe me :d

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

jeebowhite

hehe, flea, ear, £60?

Stoney871
Big flea, both ears, £160 and 3 points.
No L plates and no tax.

BigD

No picture, and it was ages ago - maybe a year or so.  But I was in the car park outside Homebase and saw a delivery driver (yodel, I think) manage to park his long wheelbase van so it was across THREE disabled bays - just so he didn't have to walk 20 yards to deliver his stuff.

I've got to start taking pictures of this stuff, or get me one of those dash cam thingies.

b1g_dav3

Unfortunately, the winner is this Fiesta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2GTnLlvRSU

Stoney871

What an utter oaf.

Looks like they hit something off camera too.

Clarky2013

Thought this was pretty funny when I saw it! Had to take a pictue

b1g_dav3

What an utter oaf.

Looks like they hit something off camera too.

Yeah they hit a third car, the police are looking for anyone with any information on it >_>

Stoney871

Another nice one-

[URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/stoney871/media/Phone%20Uploads/06861531-5d29-4205-abb8-0911152e0524.jpg.html]th_06861531-5d29-4205-abb8-0911152e0524.[/URL]

Three wheels on the kerb, on a corner and on double yellow lines.

Silly old get.

jeebowhite

Shame you couldnt leave him an official headed note under the windscreen wiper, as I dont think you can issue fines can you?

jamesm182

Unfortunately, the winner is this Fiesta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2GTnLlvRSU

Unbelievable!  :lol:

Feel sorry for the people with cars that got hit though!

jamesm182

Saw this the other day and found it amusing!

http://youtu.be/4iS0tkMWuUw

Stoney871
If a car is causing an obstruction we can prosecute but most parking offences were decriminalised.
Local councils now have the responsibility hence Traffic Wardens were replaced by CEO's.

jeebowhite

Yeah I thought so, but you can only prosecute when the driver returns to the car, as you have no one to prosecute or cannot apportion blame as to who was behind the wheel at the time the idiocy was performed?

Stoney871
We can prosecute the registered keeper.
Private companies used to only be able to do the driver at the time of the infringement but now have the ability to enforce on registered keepers.

jeebowhite

A lot of paperwork I expect! but helpful to know!

Turvey

Now I know this kind of parking is deliberate and therefore can not be classed as a parking fail but it still boils my *****!!!!! 

Outside Dobbies in Perth I think it was, last year when we were on holiday. 

I realise why drivers do this ie so the chance of being hit by another inconsiderate driver/passenger door being opened and damaging their car BUT how about we all park like that and see what happens?

I really wish I was brave enough to park right up close to the drivers side and retire to a suitable distance and await the drivers return!!! :ph34r:  :)  :)  :) 

[url=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Turvey_2006/media/121029_104250_zps6938bf11.jpg.html]121029_104250_zps6938bf11.jpg[/

URL]

EDIT: Our *cough* Sedona parked correctly to the right of the picture  ;)

jeebowhite

haha, I have parked like that on a few occasions, brushing up against there car and sitting in the driver seat waiting for them to come back. Then just as he headed over, I jumped over to the passenger seat and got out the car. He started shouting blue murder and demanding I move my car as he couldn't possibly get into his. I told him that I park like that to stop knobs from damaging my car when they swing the door open. It was an interesting site watching this middle aged fella try to climb over the passenger seat and into the driver seat. Having my phone out with the camera running, he didnt dare hit my car, just drove off.

unfortunately I would love to share the footage, but my card died a few years ago and I cant recover it, so if anyone knows how to fix a damaged SD card, I might be able to recover it!

WAZ91

Parked up in my local Tesco Superstore fo a spot of christmas shopping and i park next to this!

Belive it or not that is in fact a walkway so you can get your trolley to your car safely!

Then when im done shopping I come back to THIS!

Same spot different car!

jeebowhite

Sounds like its pratt parking only there!

Turvey

Going through my Photobucket pics the other day and came across this one. It was scanned from the front page of our local rag a couple of years back. In no way do I think that any members of the constabulary who frequent these forums would behave in such a manner ;)  

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Turvey_2006/media/File0011.jpg.html]File0011.jpg[/URL]

Stoney871
Definitely not unless responding to an emergency shout.
TheAdamh123
Self submission :-(
Stoney871
Tsk! ;)
b1g_dav3

In fairness, 90% of my parking. I've given up on bothering parking now. If it is really going to annoy someone else then fair enough but otherwise, oh well :P

Especially good with my 500m away from the curb parallel parking.

B13
When I first bought The Van, I took a whole load of photos to show my folks. For some odd reason, I took a pic out of the window above where I'd parked it that day and...

Posted Image

I swear I didn't park it in the hedge, it just looks like I did!! It's just the angle!

:D
jamesm182

Haha it definitely looks like it's in the hedge!!

B13

Jeez!! Could that pic BE any bigger??

(Sorry, posted that from the iPhone and didn't realise it was HUGE!!)

:D :D :D

BigD

@B13 - does that say "Lionhead Studios"?  Know someone who used to work there!

Dazbo85
enough said!!;(
Incontro

Passed by Guildford Town Center some time ago, and saw this: (only just remember this thread existed lol)

IMAG2679.jpg

jeebowhite

Corsa... surprised much?

Turvey

It probably broke down!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

B13

@B13 - does that say "Lionhead Studios"?  Know someone who used to work there!

Yes, it does! (Blimey, you've got keen eyes!!)

I do a reasonable amount of freelance work for them via one of my clients. Lovely bunch of people, are Lionhead.

:)
Dazbo85
enough said
WAZ91

Mate sent me this from his office in Bristol:

He said a traffic Warden had just put a ticket on the windscreen :D

jamesm182

Mate sent me this from his office in Bristol:

attachicon.gifgt.JPG

He said a traffic Warden had just put a ticket on the windscreen :D

But isn't it OK to park for free on the pavement!?  :P

jeebowhite

I thought the yellow lines and the white zig zags meant "dont part on me, but next to me is ok?" :p

Full Colour Version: The Parking Fail Thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.