Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk3 Egr Valve Success!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
stef123
For months now I have had the EGR blanked off but every week or so it would throw up the EML light! Not a problem but annoying.

Anyway, the light had been on for about 6 weeks before I decided enough was enough and reset it. But about an hour before I did so the light went out itself! I first thought oh dear it's a bulb, but it wasnt as it still illuminates when you first turn the ignition on.
The light has now been off for a few months with no issues at all. So it looks like my ECU has finally taken the hint!

Just tought is share my experience as I know it's a common issue with the mk3 euro IV
jeebowhite

Good Result there Stef! You would hope that it has learned, but I dont know if it will!

Lenny

For months now I have had the EGR blanked off but every week or so it would throw up the EML light! Not a problem but annoying.
Anyway, the light had been on for about 6 weeks before I decided enough was enough and reset it. But about an hour before I did so the light went out itself! I first thought oh dear it's a bulb, but it wast as it still illuminates when you first turn the ignition on.
The light has now been off for a few months with no issues at all. So it looks like my ECU has finally taken the hint!
Just tought is share my experience as I know it's a common issue with the mk3 euro IV

Great new stef,
I was going to be the fool and post " aw huh the blubs blown"
But you stole my thunder by confirming the bulb is in blown :)
Good to see its sorted itself out.

You did use a stainless steel blanking plate didn't you?
Aluminium blanking plates break through after a period of time.

stef123
Yeah, my car could be the one that never learns - or maybe that's the driver.

Yep Lenny it's 3mm stainless plate without the hole (why do people drill holes in them!)
Lenny

Yeah, my car could be the one that never learns - or maybe that's the driver.
Yep Lenny it's 3mm stainless plate without the hole (why do people drill holes in them!)

Good man ;)
Some drill holes to prevent an EML but it defeats the purpose of blanking it,
It needs to be 100% blanked otherwise don't bother your arse :lol:
Especially an aluminum blanking plate with a hole,
The pressure going through the hole will split the plate on the first 30 minute motorway drive.
stooge75

no,its because of the colder weather,as air is colder/denser.It'll show again when weather warms up

Lenny

no,its because of the colder weather,as air is colder/denser.It'll show again when weather warms up

Never knew an ECU could suffer from depression in the winter months causing it to cut back on potential
stooge75
It doesnt. Lol
Its all about parameters(being in them,at time of emissions testing

Full Colour Version: Mk3 Egr Valve Success!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.