Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Boost
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
Dazbo85
I'm thinking of treating my car to some power boost or something this christmas, it it recommend or is it a big no no?

Just want to get it a clear out for the new year

Cheers!

Focus C-Max 2004 1.6 TDCI Zetec
jeebowhite

When you say power boost, do you mean a tuning, or a tuningbox?

higgsy
Think he's talking about fuel additive. I always used millers diesel sport ecomax in every tank when I had a derv. I felt it made the car run more smoother and refined. It contains additives and a cetane booster.
jamesm182

I don't have a diesel but have heard good things about the millers stuff from others!

Dazbo85
I actually meant the spay for the air intake called powerboost or something along those lines. I think it just give it a clearer out and restores horsepower apparently, anyone done this?

Focus C-Max 2004 1.6 TDCI Zetec
jeebowhite

Cant say I have heard much, but I have to be honest, you probably could do a better job with an air filter replacement? tenner or less from euro car part!

Dazbo85
What is the best inexpensive way the boost performance then?
jeebowhite

A good service is always necessary anyway, but a good service makes the car easier to drive and thus restores power. Diesels can boost power with a tuning box (they are cheap at about £65 for older DTUK units) up to super expensive several hundred quid units.

Bluefin remaps are good as well, especially as you can swap between stock and remap any time :D

Full Colour Version: Power Boost
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.