Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: License Plate Lights Broken? Help!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Mikey923
I went about replacing my standard bulbs over my license plate..
Anyway,
I put in the new LED bulbs which were for my model Fusion but it did not work.. I put the original bulbs back in and now they won't light either!
Any idea on how to fix?
mick85
Check fuse first
Mikey923

Check fuse first

Where is the fuse located?
Gombal

Open the glove compartment, empty it, push in the sides a little and open it further. Look behind it and there are all the fuses.

jeebowhite

I cant remember what the fuse is, but when you install the bulbs it can short the fuse out (did this many times fitting my interior LED's)

Mikey923
Any idea which fuse Gombal?

I got my interior LEDs in fine with no hassle! Very happy with how they look :)
jeebowhite

on a 2010 it suggests this is fuse 24

http://maxiequipos.com.mx/galerias/estufas/2010-ford-fusion-fuse-box-diagram-7417.jpg

Gombal

There should be a sticker at the back of the glove compartment lid with the fuse designation, only visible when you open the lid completely.

Mikey923
Just noticed that my Dash lights are out too so I can't even see the speedo at night! But it's on the same circuit as the license plate lights..

If it happened when I was replacing the license plate lights am I more likely to have broken the bulb mounting or blown a fuse?
Stoney871

It will be the fuse for sure.

Mikey923
Thanks Stoney!
Mikey923
What type of fuse is it?
Stoney871
It will be a mini blade fuse.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615