Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tddi 2001 Mondeo Oil Leak
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
n1xsta
Hi guys,

Sorry I'm new here so if I break any rules please let me know!!

I've recently brought a 2001 Mondeo which needs a lot of tlc (was being used on a farm).

It's more of a project, I've noticed there is an oil leak coming from the bottom of the car that drips a lot when hot just wondering where to start looking (if you was looking at the front of the car it is coming from the left hand side close to the middle) there was a lot of oil on the top of the engine but nothing showing it is coming from there as it is dripping a lot. I've cleaned down the engine to check if there is any leaks on the top but none found.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Nick
jeebowhite

It sounds like it could be the oil sump?

Have you checked this?

n1xsta
Haven't even looked under neath yet lol just wondering where to look first
jeebowhite

start by looking to the oil sump. Could be that the O ring is worn and its just a simple replacement.

I would personally suggest that given where the car has lived and its inevitable hard life. Start with an oil and filter change. That should eliminate some problems.

n1xsta
Ok I've had a look it's coming from a sensor up the side of the oil filter I've been to garage they have said oil pressure switch. Does this sound about right.

Doing a service myself this week
jeebowhite

Sounds like a possibility, you probably need to replace the switch!

n1xsta
All ordered 7 thanks for your advice
jeebowhite

no worries, and at that price, even if its not the right part, its still a cheap update.

I would recommend ensuring that you have replacement seals for oil filter, and the switch.

Full Colour Version: Tddi 2001 Mondeo Oil Leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.