Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temperature Guage
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
mondeo zetec

hi guys could someone please tell me where exactly should the temp gauge sit at running temperature..?

mine seems to wander between 70 and 80 ish degrees....

im wondering if this is correct

car is a mondeo 2.0 duratorq 2009 estate

mondeo zetec

anyone have an idea please

adambell
It should be right in the middle of the gauge mate, it will vary a little bit but not too much
mick85
Check coolant temp sensor with multimeter
mondeo zetec

where on the mondeo 2.0 duratorq is the cts please..?

what value should it read..on a multimeter

the display varies as mentioned between 70 and just over 80 up and down quite alot lower reading more than high..

any help on the subject would be much appreciated guy's

cheers 

mick85
U need back probe sensor an check resistance I will get u exact readings an location later it's most likely in cylinder head at side above gearbox or some measure coolant and some measure temp of the metal
mondeo zetec

if you or anyone can update the location of the coolant temp sensor this is great thank's chap's

any pic's of its locality as well is good

cheers regards sean

mick85
I would also be checking if water pump work ok does ur fan be coming on more then usual leave ur car idling an see if it starts overheat an open coolant cap see is water been pumped around but be carefull never open cap under pressure on hot engine if u don't have much knowledge wit cars
mondeo zetec

i do have quite a lot of knowledge just not on this mondeo,,, the car fan does not come on alot and water is being pumped ok..!!

mick85
Grand just didn't want u end up scalded cause me lol well then temp seņor be next think if u had good fault code reader with live data most them tell u the temp so this would tell u exact degrees it thinks it is handy for cross referencing ur testing of sensor wit meter
mondeo zetec

any further help with this problem i am experiencing guys..??

FOCA

hi guys could someone please tell me where exactly should the temp gauge sit at running temperature..?

mine seems to wander between 70 and 80 ish degrees....

im wondering if this is correct

car is a mondeo 2.0 duratorq 2009 estate

That seems normal - the temp is about avarage for the type of car and it can fluctuate up and down as the thrermostat opens and closes through its cycle  

mondeo zetec

this is correct then..? could anyone tell me the actual temperature on a diagnostic program please..?

Full Colour Version: Temperature Guage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.