Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terraclean Findings
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Chat
MondeoJames76
Hello,

As promised I am posting up the findings I've had. Whilst I've only had it done for a week I have covered over a 1000 Xmas miles since then!

Facts:
MPG improved 19% overall. Yes 19%*
Power delivery is smoother
Car sounds quieter
Idle is smoother

Subjective/can't prove but think:
Car feels better and quicker
Flat spots have disappeared
Power seems to have been slightly boosted

Wishes:
I wish I could say it's made me slim, handsome and clever as well but I won't lie!

Conclusion:
I wholeheartedly recommend the treatment!

Cheers

*including several like for like tests on regular made journeys etc
martyntdci

price? as i want contemplating on this

MondeoJames76

price? as i want contemplating on this

£90+vat
Stoney871
Welll that's two of us recommending it then :) (three if you include Edd China :d)
MondeoJames76

Welll that's two of us recommending it then :) (three if you include Edd China :d)

Well, I'm a convert! :0)
jeebowhite

Its something I would definitely have done! I need to pan out and see what happens with my car, as its something I would have done, but having read Stoney's thread on it, I plan in the future to treat any used car to this as soon as I have bought it, get the best out of it from day 1!

MondeoJames76

Its something I would definitely have done! I need to pan out and see what happens with my car, as its something I would have done, but having read Stoney's thread on it, I plan in the future to treat any used car to this as soon as I have bought it, get the best out of it from day 1!

Great idea fella, I will do similar. In fact I think my car (present and future) will find a Terraclean becomes part of the annual service/mot process.
jeebowhite

Annual service is a bit of overkill, however every other or every three will definately keep it in good stead!

MondeoJames76
They recommend every 15000 miles. That'll be when my car has it's MOT and service in early 2015.
jeebowhite

didnt realise they had recommendations on it! in which case, its probably anything but overkill :p

Aldoo

glad to hear you've had good results :)

I've recently heard that the oil flushes that people do can really damage an engine because some of the 'rubbish' in the engine is filling the scores which its already made (if that makes any sense) 

...not sure if the terraclean is a different sort of thing though

out of interest, what age/mileage have your cars got?

Cheers

Stoney871
The Terraclean on the petrol cars is merely super pure fuel and a catalysing detergent additive.
It doesn't affect rubber parts or seals.
As it's purely combustion chambers through to the exhaust there shouldn't be any rubber parts that could be affected anyway.
MondeoJames76
Aldoo,

Mine's a 2007 mk4 2.0 petrol with 82k miles

+1 to what Stoney871 said* too!

Cheers

*It sounded very clever! So I'll pretend I knew that and agree ;0)
Aldoo

It wasn't the rubbers I was meaning, it was the dislodging the deposits which build up in older engines - once dislodged it can end up anywhere and obviously possibly cause problems

for some reason I cant link, but google engine flush and one of the first results is piston heads talking about it

I am talking about the shop bought things which you put into the oil and run before an oil change, so I don't know how terraclean compares - it seems that its brilliant compared though! :)

Full Colour Version: Terraclean Findings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.