Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittent Ignition Fault
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Jacko
I have a 2001 Mondeo 2.0 TDDi. Iam getting the following intermittent problem with the ignition. When I turn the key it does not turn over or make any clicking sound but all the electrics come on. It has had a new starter motor and I replaced the alternator 2 months ago. If I go back to the car 30 minutes later it starts straight away and will be fine for a couple of days and then the problem repeats.

Have you heard of this before? Is it likely to be a loose connection?
Steve
welcome to FOC

Have you had the immobiliser checked?
kingswood
[post="716"]reply i think i have very similar problem to you[/post][quote name='Jacko' post='716' date='Mar 8 2008, 05:54 PM']I have a 2001 Mondeo 2.0 TDDi. Iam getting the following intermittent problem with the ignition. When I turn the key it does not turn over or make any clicking sound but all the electrics come on. It has had a new starter motor and I replaced the alternator 2 months ago. If I go back to the car 30 minutes later it starts straight away and will be fine for a couple of days and then the problem repeats.

Have you heard of this before? Is it likely to be a loose connection?[/quote]
dtmwelburn
From problems ive had with other cars in the past it definately sounds asif the immobiliser is on its way out, personally id get a aftermarket one installed to prevent further issues, hope this helps

Full Colour Version: Intermittent Ignition Fault
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.