Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hissing Galaxy
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
griskin
Can anyone help please? I am getting an intermittent hissing sound comming from my galaxy tdi ghia 2001.It seems to be somewhere near the fuse box by the drivers right knee.It sound like air escaping but from what????Please can you help?
Steve
[quote name='griskin' post='723' date='Mar 9 2008, 05:48 PM']Can anyone help please? I am getting an intermittent hissing sound comming from my galaxy tdi ghia 2001.It seems to be somewhere near the fuse box by the drivers right knee.It sound like air escaping but from what????Please can you help?[/quote]

does the car lose any power when driving?
griskin
[quote name='Steve' post='726' date='Mar 9 2008, 09:52 PM']does the car lose any power when driving?[/quote]
No,the car drives perfectly well.Could it be the aircon?
Steve
Ahh I think I know the sound you are getting now.. Yes it maybe the aircon and it may be running low. You can have it checked and it may need re-gassing.

I have heard this noise on a past car and solved it when it was re-gassed.
griskin
Thanks,The aircon seems to be not working so thats probably it.Will get it checked.
griskin
I can understand it running low but should it actually be escaping?Does this mean there is a leak?
griskin
[quote name='griskin' post='757' date='Mar 15 2008, 06:25 PM']I can understand it running low but should it actually be escaping?Does this mean there is a leak?[/quote]
I have just determined that the HISSING is related to when I use the brake pedal!There is a small hiss when applying the brake but sometimes get a constant hiss when the brake is released.Anyone have any ideas please?
galaxy man
[quote name='griskin' post='1177' date='Apr 19 2008, 01:42 PM']I have just determined that the HISSING is related to when I use the brake pedal!There is a small hiss when applying the brake but sometimes get a constant hiss when the brake is released.Anyone have any ideas please?[/quote]
Hi
I have the same hissing brake pedal problem, did you find a solution? Thanks
mickjo
[quote name='griskin' date='19 April 2008 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1208608345' post='1177']
I have just determined that the HISSING is related to when I use the brake pedal!There is a small hiss when applying the brake but sometimes get a constant hiss when the brake is released.Anyone have any ideas please?
[/quote]
hi at the back of brake pedal is a grey rubber gater which is covering a hose which after time hose can split a cheap fix,if you push the gater when engine running you can hear the hiss,my garage told me it was the servo as well but my pedal did not get hard to press.hope this helps

Full Colour Version: Hissing Galaxy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615