Just joined the club as just purchased a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 2002 model for my son to start learning to drive. Other cars in the household are a 2.6 Audi A6 and a 3l diesel Toyota Previa neither of which are very good cars to learn to drive in. Both are automatics as well.
Bought the Focus and must say am impressed.
1. Replaced stereo with better one that now drives the speakers better.
2. Two new front tyres.
3. Front passenger headlight bulb dead but replaced. Wow ! Hope everything's not that hard to replace.
4. Rear drivers side brake light dead - EASY to replace.
5. Rear wash wipe pipe disconnected from unit in rear door. Now connected and doesn't spray water inside car!
6. Micro switches in existing key on their way out.
- got some parts off Ebay and should be OK to get a second remote key working and replace fob of old key.
7. Getting about 35mpg around town.
8. Paid £1500 for the car.
Will try and help out once I get familiar with the car.