Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 04 Fusion3 horn in boot?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
Big Bob
I've just fitted an aux power socket in the boot for a cool box, when I took off the n/s top panel I found a horn mounted under there behind the seat belt reel.
Does anyone know why it's there? :unsure:
I can only assume it's to do with the alarm, seems a strange place to fit it though! :huh:
Jonny87
How did you fit the aux power socket in the boot? Was the wiring already there or did you have to run cables? Ta. Jon
RIIIDAA
[quote name='Big Bob' post='23296' date='May 7 2009, 07:06 PM']I've just fitted an aux power socket in the boot for a cool box, when I took off the n/s top panel I found a horn mounted under there behind the seat belt reel.
Does anyone know why it's there? :unsure:
I can only assume it's to do with the alarm, seems a strange place to fit it though! :huh:[/quote]

could be to deafen and disorientate thieving scum if fitted by previous owner, trouble is tho that the law is such that the car owner could be taken to court for injuring said scum!
Big Bob
[quote name='Jonny87' post='23299' date='May 7 2009, 07:21 PM']How did you fit the aux power socket in the boot? Was the wiring already there or did you have to run cables? Ta. Jon[/quote]
I couldn't find any cables that I felt were heavy enough to take the load, so I ran new from the fuse board.
There was a free permanent feed with a heavy cable and an ignition feed, above fuses on the right hand side of the board (maybe a relay position), so I ran from those using a relay & 10amp fuse.
jonshepherd
Yes I think its the alarm siren, so that theives cannot simply cut or disconnect the horn to effectivly disable the alarm.
Jonny87
[quote name='Big Bob' post='23362' date='May 8 2009, 05:44 AM']I couldn't find any cables that I felt were heavy enough to take the load, so I ran new from the fuse board.
There was a free permanent feed with a heavy cable and an ignition feed, above fuses on the right hand side of the board (maybe a relay position), so I ran from those using a relay & 10amp fuse.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply
Big Bob
[quote name='Jonny87' post='24277' date='May 14 2009, 10:36 PM']Thanks for the reply[/quote]

No problem ;)

[quote]Yes I think its the alarm siren, so that theives cannot simply cut or disconnect the horn to effectivly disable the alarm.[/quote]

Thanks for that

Full Colour Version: 04 Fusion3 horn in boot?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.