Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust vibration knockin' !
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jokermarkel
to save me some going to get it looked out, would like ur advice peeps.

It looks like a fair new exhaust. but wen stationary with the engine running, or after ive revved the engine and the revs' drop, a "knocking" sound, not vibration, more like a bouncing knocking noise comes from inside my exhaust ..

if i push down with slight pressure on the exhaust pipe, the knocking stops. but it sounds like its coming from inside the main chamber. i can hear it somethings when im cruising along at a steady 30mph.

whats your thoughts guys, i've no ramp to reverse onto to check the car but i have a jack.

recon its a simple tighten something up? or somethings wrong!

thanks in advance for your help.
Mark
mintalkin
it could be that the exhaust requires adjustment on a bracket or securing clip, you really need a ramp to check it out. perhaps call into a local exhaust cnt to check the exhaust alignment.
Whelk8891
Probably just a loose bit of heatshield bumping on the top of the exhaust.
jokermarkel
[quote name='Whelk8891' post='24247' date='May 14 2009, 08:57 PM']Probably just a loose bit of heatshield bumping on the top of the exhaust.[/quote]

It was that mate, thats for your helps! just bent it witha screw driver and hammer, perfect.

thanks again

Full Colour Version: Exhaust vibration knockin' !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.