Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric window spares?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Galaxy Club
thebaldone
Need one of the plastic runners for the front passenger side of a Mk1 Galaxy. Tried the main dealer and they reckon
you have to buy the whole assembly -- 102 + VAT. Anyone know anywhere which may sell this part, it's the white
plastic slider, both lugs have broken so it won't stay in the runner.
Jonny87
[quote name='thebaldone' post='25543' date='May 26 2009, 03:10 PM']Need one of the plastic runners for the front passenger side of a Mk1 Galaxy. Tried the main dealer and they reckon
you have to buy the whole assembly -- 102 + VAT. Anyone know anywhere which may sell this part, it's the white
plastic slider, both lugs have broken so it won't stay in the runner.[/quote]

maybe try ebay or go down a breakers
thebaldone
[quote name='Jonny87' post='25548' date='May 26 2009, 03:18 PM']maybe try ebay or go down a breakers[/quote]

Tried local breakers and nothing going. Ebay want silly money for the whole mechanism - which is working fine -- I just need
that small plastic bit !! Makes no sense to me why Ford don't sell them separately !!
Jonny87
[quote name='thebaldone' post='25549' date='May 26 2009, 03:22 PM']Tried local breakers and nothing going. Ebay want silly money for the whole mechanism - which is working fine -- I just need
that small plastic bit !! Makes no sense to me why Ford don't sell them separately !![/quote]

Have you tried asking other dealers? Maybe go to a non-ford local garage and see if they can supply a non-ford pattern part for less? Good luck!

Alternatively could you bodge a repair to the broken part?
mintalkin
try these guys
[url="http://www.fordpartsuk.com/"]http://www.fordpartsuk.com/[/url]
thebaldone
Thanks, I've sent them a request for the part.
thebaldone
No go on that link, only thing they are offering is the complete assembly! Also tried a few on line breakers and they are coming back at 50+ !!

Full Colour Version: Electric window spares?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.